What's new

New HTPC perplexed, need help (1 Viewer)

cheftech

Auditioning
Real Name
Henry Sanchez
Hi all, I recently built this nice little system for my son:

MB ASUS| M4A88TD-M EVO/USB3 880G R/Case SILVERSTONE Black Aluminum / 0.8mm SECC Grandia Series GD05B micro-ATX /MEM 4G|CORSAIR CMX4GX3M1A1600C9 R/CPU AMD|PH II X2 555 3.2G AM3 RT/HD 2T|HITACHI HDS5C3020ALA632 RT/DVD BRN ASUS | DRW-24B1ST/BLK/Wireless Desktop MK700/GPU 500w PC power and cooling.

Figured I'd add a 5550 or 70 later, if necessary.

The mobo has an integrated Radeon 4250 that supports HDMI with max res of 1920x1080. When he hooks the pc up to his Samsung LCD he gets no video, either with the HDMI or DVI (runs through all input choices). He's the kicker; his 5 or 6 year old Toshiba lappy works fine.

As a pc, it runs like a champ, all the latest updates installed, modest oc. I noticed that the max screen res Catalist will allow is 1680x. That seems odd since it is advertised to run at 1920x1080. I'm stumped at why this rig won't work, especially when the old babe does. My first though was that it was the TV, but since the lappy works, I don't think so. All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

conuronton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Have you explored your graphics properties? You might have to enable dual monitors or clone/extended desktop.... I have an ATI PCIe card and running PC monitor on DVI and the plasma monitor on component, had to set them up as either extended desktop or clone.... I hope this helps, I know this isn't a very technical explination!

I don't know many people that would be happy with integrated graphics, but I don't build PC's either!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks