What's new

DVDPlanet web site (1 Viewer)

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
For those that use DVDPlanet,

I've been using these guys since the KenCranes days back with good old laserdiscs. I really have had no problem with them and their service has been quite good. I wrote to them this week asking if there was anything they could do to make it faster. It seems to take forever to pull up information from their database. I also asked if they could do anything to improve their pre-ordering system (make it like dvdempire's). I got a response today and it looks like their getting an overhaul on the site. Here's the email repsonse I got:

We are currently in the middle of an overhaul of our entire DVDPlanet.com site. We should have our new site up and running in a matter of 2 weeks, this is a full backbone overhaul from our database to our graphics for faster loading. Secure connections are done only at credit card info section, this is a way to have faster browsing through our site. Thank you for your input and patience...

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
DVDPlanet is my DVD retailer of choice and it is good to hear that they are improving their site. I would have bought more from DVDEmpire if I wasn't in PA, but having to pay state tax sucks. The DVDPlanet site was quite decent to begin with, but it will be even better if they give you the ability to cancel or combine orders online. Also, it would be nice to have the "ship only when all items are available" option.

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
When I was living in california I used DVDEmpire for that exact reason. But now that I'm in Ohio I'm back to using DVDPlanet. Ken Cranes is just in my blood I guess. I shoulda made a trip down to see the store when I was out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks