DVDPlanet web site

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alex Morrow, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Alex Morrow

Alex Morrow Stunt Coordinator

For those that use DVDPlanet,

I've been using these guys since the KenCranes days back with good old laserdiscs. I really have had no problem with them and their service has been quite good. I wrote to them this week asking if there was anything they could do to make it faster. It seems to take forever to pull up information from their database. I also asked if they could do anything to improve their pre-ordering system (make it like dvdempire's). I got a response today and it looks like their getting an overhaul on the site. Here's the email repsonse I got:

2. Deepak Shenoy

Deepak Shenoy Supporting Actor

DVDPlanet is my DVD retailer of choice and it is good to hear that they are improving their site. I would have bought more from DVDEmpire if I wasn't in PA, but having to pay state tax sucks. The DVDPlanet site was quite decent to begin with, but it will be even better if they give you the ability to cancel or combine orders online. Also, it would be nice to have the "ship only when all items are available" option.

3. Alex Morrow

Alex Morrow Stunt Coordinator

When I was living in california I used DVDEmpire for that exact reason. But now that I'm in Ohio I'm back to using DVDPlanet. Ken Cranes is just in my blood I guess. I shoulda made a trip down to see the store when I was out there.