What's new

DVD Planet customer service recently going down hill? (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'll give them one thing. They're pretty prompt on the email response.

Guess what happened? My card got declined....again.

So I call my bank this morning, and they tell me they have absolutely no record of my card being declined.

Hmmm.... I was able to order before with the card I had on file, but somehow I've gotten declined on the last two orders.

Now that's a mystery as to whose fault it is. :rolleyes

Well, I'm on the phone right now (on hold of course), and I have no clue besides myself how in the hell they still have people on hold. It's eight in the morning in California right now people!!!

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I just called my bank (Community Trust Bank) concerning my credit card, and it shows absolutely no record of any charges or declines on my account from your company whatsoever.

This isn't the first time this has happened. I pre-ordered the Buffy Season Four set on the fifth of May, and I didn't receive it until the week of July the 14th. Evidently, my credit card was declined. This is the same exact card I used on file on your website that has worked on my previous purchases.

And it's happening again.

Unless I am able to re-use my 5$ off coupon on re-ordering, I see no use in continuing to do business with your company.

It saddens me to say that I heard nothing but good things about your company in the online community in the past. Evidently, things have changed, and I have yet to see any improvement in your so-called system overhaul.
This is the 2nd email I've sent them concerning my order. I basically told them if they don't let me use their "apology", then I see no point in using DVDplanet.

Jason Beaumont

Auditioning
DVD Planet just invoiced and shipped me a repeat of an order I paid for and recieved from them 2 months ago!

So now I have an unexpected $100 charge to my credit card, some duplicate DVDs in the mail to me, and then I suppose I'll have to pay to ship them back!

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I was finally able to get a hold of them earlier today around 11:00am EST.

Their representative gave me a coupon code to use on my next order so I can re-use my 5$ off coupon.

And guess what? The coupon doesn't work.

I'm giving them until Tuesday night to respond to my 3rd email. If they don't give two shits about my order..... bye bye DVDplanet.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
You mean there actually is one person who still works there who's job is to answer the phone? I was pretty damned certain they had just taken it off the hook.

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
Is there anyone in charge at dvdplanet who cares about customers any more? I've contacted them repeatedly and asked them to either ship OR cancel the orders I placed in June, but nothing seems to happen.

If they're going to kill dvdplanet, why can't they just say so?

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
You mean there actually is one person who still works there who's job is to answer the phone? I was pretty damned certain they had just taken it off the hook.
Yeah, I was like :eek: myself.

And I kid you not, their phone system is messed up. I could've sworn there was an electronic voice that was also telling me how many people were on hold before me.

I tried calling them last night before closing, and the "on hold" notification was gone. Hmmm...

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Received an email today that one of the DVD's I had canceled was shipped today.:angry:

So I sent an email reply to two different addresses:
[email protected] and [email protected]

Told them "I Will be "Refusing" this "Canceled" DVD package and will expect a credit on my card for both the DVD and shipping charges.

The DVD is "Roy Orbison:Greatest Hits Live"

After I canceled the disc at DVD planet, I reordered it at DVD Empire and received it on July 15. If they made the mistake of not canceling that disc, it still took 20 more days to just get the notification to me that it was shipped.:thumbsdown:

WHAT IS GOING ON OVER THERE?????????????????

Hope I don't get any more of these.:frowning:

Paul

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
I've been getting e-mail for stock notifications for the past 3 weeks. And all of the DVD's there letting me know are in stock I either have or don't give a shit about.

Hasta La Vista DVD Planet. Have a nice trip into the .com abyss.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Well, they finally passed their dead line. They finally lost me as a consumer. I've given them several ample opportunties to take me back, but they wanted to sqander all of their opportunities to take me back. I've had it up to here with them. :angry:

Here is the full story:

I preordered Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 4 on May the 5th. According to their own website, I was given an estimated ship date of June 10, 2003. I didn't even get my order until the week of July 14th. :angry:

What was the problem? My credit card was declined. But wait, I had more than a shit load of money to cover the cost on my debit card. It wouldn't bother me in the least if it was a card I just used or if I screwed up the address or one single number. But guess what? I used the same exact card I had on file with them on their website. This is the same card I used my first three orders with them. What the fuck?

Then they send me an apology letter stating their problems that involved their system upgrade. It's understandable. They give us a five dollar off coupon to use on our next order. A gesture of goodwill.

So I use their coupon to make one order, and because one of my friends didn't use their coupon, I used their number to make a second order.

Guess what? I don't hear shit about my orders. I sent them an e-mail, and they inform me that my credit card was declined. Oh no, do I have bad credit? HELL NO!!!! I called my bank (Community Trust Bank), and they have no records whatsoever of DVDplanet (or any other institution for that matter) of accepting or declinging any charges whatsoever. ?????

I fire off another email (using no obscenities and being polite as ever), and what do they do? They chose to ignore it.

I call them on Monday, and lo and behold, I was able to get a hold of them through their 800 number.

And you know what? I was given a polite courtesy and given a coupon code to use on my next order.

I was in a forgiving mood, so I made another order.

Well guess what? The coupon didn't work!!!

I'd like to chalk the problems up to simply accidents and mistakes, but there's no way this can be the situation. They're using business tactics that are dispicable and nonsensical.

They do not care about consumer concerns. All they did was put forth a pathetic excuse of an effort. Well guess what? It takes more than effort in the business world. It takes results to get things done, and they obviously did the minimal effort.

As far as I'm concerned, they can go out of business for all I care. I'd send a complaint to the Better Business Bureau if I knew how to.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Well, I just fired off an email to Bill Hunt, one of the editors of thedigitalbits.com. Their website is heavily sponsered by DVDPlanet.com. Maybe he'll know what to do.

Bill Hunt

Insider
Hey Guys,

I've spoken with Planet and it is absolutely true - they are working through a tough migration to new ordering system software. Obviously, there have been a few problems, which is one of the reasons why their phone service time has been longer than normal. I'm going to contact them again in the next couple of days and I'll try to find out what the status of things is. When I do, I'll post what I learn here.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Dome,

GOOD THINKING!

Maybe now we'll finally get some answers.:)

Paul

Edit Note: After posting my response to Dome, I saw that Bill Hunt made a post before I submitted mine.

That was a "FAST RESPONSE" Bill! Hope you can shed light on our dilemma.

Best Of Luck,

Paul

Jason Beaumont

Auditioning
It seems they have removed the "on hold" message from their phone system. There now appears to be no way to communicate with an actual human over there. The phone system is a mess.

They also still have not responded to my email to them. I'm almost postive that when I return home tonight I will see a shipment from them for an order I placed (and recieved) in June. So now I'll have duplicate DVDs and have been charged twice unless I can somehow resolve this.

I used to spend ~$200 a month with this company, but because of everything I'm hearing here I won't shop with them in the future. How many others are there out there like this?

Dan Lindley

Second Unit
DVDPlanet, DDD, and Digitaleyes now are all operating at least some facilities together out of Itasca IL (probably a shipping warehouse??). This may account for some things, but I don't know what. And it may speak to some future changes, but I don't know what.

I wish I did know what! ;)

DL

Bill Hunt

Insider
Okay, I've checked in with Planet. Apparently, the order system migration has been difficult. A number of orders obviously got mis-shipped, and they're working hard to clean all of the mistakes up, thus the slow customer service response time. According to Planet, the final piece of the puzzle in the addition of a new, larger server, which is expected to go live by next week. All of the ordering mixups should be resolved by Friday or Monday, and ALL of the problems should be cleared up by the end of next week. Just FYI. It goes without saying that they appreciate everyone's patience. I'll post again here when all the problems are officially resolved.

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
DVD Planet just invoiced and shipped me a repeat of an order I paid for and recieved from them 2 months ago!
I also received a duplicate shipment of an order I had already received from them last month. To make matters worse I received Once Upon a Time in China Trilogy (a title I had never ordered !) today instead of the title I was really looking forward to (which had shipped last week according to their invoice). What a bummer ! Not only do I have to send this one back, but it is going to be an even longer wait for the title I was actually interested in.

-D

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
To make matters worse I received Once Upon a Time in China Trilogy (a title I had never ordered !) today instead of the title I was really looking forward to (which had shipped last week according to their invoice).
WTF, the exact same thing happened to me!:angry: I got OUATIC Trilogy yesterday (never ordered it either). The title you were waiting for didn't happen to be He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not?

I've been getting lots of duplicates and titles that I didn't order in the past couple of months. I've been pretty patient, but I'm beginning to get tired of making trips to the post office.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
DVD Planet sent me another invoice/notice email today telling me they shipped the DVD "Caberet" that I cancelled on July 11.

Tried to call them @ 8:45AM August 20,2003 (today) about it and this time the recording tells you that they still have an unusual amount of calls waiting, (and get this!), If the call is not answered in 15 minutes, you will then be disconnected so you can either send an email or try to call later!:angry:

Yea, their software problems definitely affects communications by phone LONG TERM!.

So I sent my standard reply form (copied from past email dealing with them)

Re: Invoice for Order W123xxxxx

To Whom it may concern:

The DVD : Item: 085392798629 "Cabaret" was canceled by me on July 11, 2003 per phone call made to DVD Planet.

Date Called: July 11, 2003
Person I talked to: Kyle
Reason for cancellation: See: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=147021

I Will be "Refusing" this "Canceled" DVD package and will expect a credit on my card for both the DVD and shipping charges.

Thank you.

The orders I have currently active with you are the following:

The Devil and Daniel Webster
The Christmas Story Keepers
Pokemon #57- Johto League
Mrs. Santa Claus
It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (Special Edition)
Christmas Carol- The Movie (MGM / Animated)

Sincerely,
Paul Hillenbrand

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
:emoji_thumbsup: Positive e-mail from DVD Planet sent to me the same day I sent my reply!
RE:Open orders under my ACCOUNT ID #: xxxxxx that should be canceled.

To whom it may concern:

Per your instructions for "future inquiries":

CUSTOMER NAME: PAUL x HILLENBRAND
CUSTOMER ACCOUNT ID #: xxxxxx

Please cancel the following listed titles/orders you have open under my account as per the instructions from Angela's 8-20-03 e-mail:

HONKYTONK MAN
SANTA CLAUSE 2
THE LOVE BUG
CLAYMATION CHRISTMAS
DIGITAL VIDEO ESSENTIALS
CHER! THE FAREWELL
THE RESCUERS

Thank you for your time on this matter.

Sincerely,
Paul Hillenbrand
The titles I canceled were already canceled by phone, but I hope the new e-mail efficiency eventually will include the phone service again.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.