What's new

DVD Planet customer service recently going down hill? (1 Viewer)

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
I am glad I neglected to read these threads before I placed a $100 order with them on Monday...
In all fairness, I placed a $150 order at the beginning of March, it shipped the next day and arrived several days earlier than I had expected. If it hadn't been for the Criterions in my order, I would have shopped elsewhere, but they really do have good prices. Maybe I just got lucky.

So I wouldn't worry just yet.

ChrisChap

Stunt Coordinator
Just to follow up - I received my order today. Ordered 4 discs Monday night, received them all on Friday with free shipping. I still have never had a bad experience with them.

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
If a problem doesn't occur during a "buying experience", there's really nothing to complain about. Whenever a problem does arise, however, is when you learn if the company has good customer service or not. It seems that DVD Planet forgot about CS some time last summer and never managed to get it back (for the past few months I haven't tried them, though...).

Whenever I contacted them about problems last summer and fall they used to respond somewhat "reluctantly" for a while and later not at all. I still ordered from them from time to time since they had low prices on the Criterion Collection.

I don't order there anymore. I've found other sources that offer good prices. If DVD Planet hasn't improved (I've heard nothing about it), it deserves to be forced out of business, IMO. I find it hard to understand why those responsible found it viable to turn DVD Planet into a bad name.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
everyone knows by now that DDD-DEEP DISCOUNT DVD bought DVD PLANET.

ALL mail order goods now ship default 4th Class (slow) out of Chicago-DDDs Main Office, I was informed by the CSRs.

Also-I used to pre-order from either of them and get all my discs on street date-maybe a day before-maybe a day or two after...now many items take 2-3 weeks.
THREE TIMES they claim to have "shipped" items and nothing arrived- not even really, really late....
I say: "Hmmmmmmm..."

Im wondering if they are in tough financial times, and get a load of paid orders together before they can ship; ie: using our money to purchase the DVDs, THEN sending them to us.

Or maybe some kind of 'got lost in the mail' insurance collection scheme....?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.