What's new

DVD Packaging with Incorrect Specs (1 Viewer)

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I got my copy of Camp Nowhere today from Netflix, and it got me to thinking about something. I know there are a lot of DVD's that have incorrect specs printed on the packaging. All of the DVD stores on the Internet that I checked listed Camp Nowhere as a Fullscreen DVD. Netflix, however, listed it as a Widescreen DVD, so I decided to rent it anyway. It is in fact, Widescreen. I don't know what the actual DVD packaging states, because I don't have it here. Therefore, I want to start a list of DVD's that have incorrect info on the packaging.

Camp Nowhere is Wide. Web Stores state Fullscreen
Man of the House is Wide. Packaging states Fullscreen.

Please add to the list.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
The 2003 re-release of Cabaret says on the packaging that it's "enhanced for widescreen TVs," but IT ISN'T. It's a non-anamorphic transfer.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Man of the House is actually widescreen? Wow, I'd been holding off on it because I thought it was full screen.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
The Princess Blade's case lists it as 4:3, but it is letterboxed at 1.85:1 (non-anamorphic though...)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker director's cut is also listed as being fullscreen when it's actually wide.

HankM

Second Unit
Some of the ones I have include,

The Abyss Special Edition, states it is 16:9 enhanced, it is not.

Goodfellas, states 16:9, it is not

Cast Away states 2.35:1 for aspect ratio which it is 1.85:1

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks