What's new

Dudes! Pe Is At Again !! (1 Viewer)

Kevin G.

Second Unit
update:
Just ordered mine,(didn't take long to make the decision)
It will ship out monday, and be on my doorstep within 2 days!!
Damn, I'm headed on vacation Thursday, doesn't give much time to play with it.... maybe I can just send the wife and young'uns and stay home with my new toy!!!!

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor
Congrats.

That has to rank up there with the best bargains around.

Some people spend more than that on a bottle of wine and it only lasts one evening!

Enjoy. But do go on vacation with the family. The wait will make coming home that much more exciting.

Sam_P

Agent
Would you guys recommend this sub with a pair of RTi10's? Or should I go with a larger/different sub?

Seems like the RTI10's put out a lot of bass as it is.

SamNF

Grip
JimiC: I bought mine right when it came out and a couple of days later, they had it as their "Deal of the Day" for $79.95. I called them up and they happily refunded me the difference. Two weeks might be a bit long, but it never hurts to ask. Or ask for store credit...they'd know they'll be getting more of your business.

Sam_P: Disclaimer: I haven't listened to the RTi's, although I considered the RTi/LSi bookshelves when I was looking for a stereo pair.
I have a pair of Ascend CBM-170s and this Dayton sub. After setting my receiver to "small" speakers and adjusting the crossover on the sub accordingly, I love the sound I get. It's a great musical sub for the money and does a good job with movies too. I don't think you can get a better sub at this price point unless you build it yourself (and know what you are doing.)

Kevin G.

Second Unit
Update:
I just checked UPS tracking and it was just delivered, sure wish I could get outta here and go hook it up!!!!
I will be moving my HTIB modded sub to rear surroud duty and using this one for main... any opinions, suggestions, yea, nay, ????
thanks

Kevin G.

Second Unit
Update:
Wow!!!!!!!!!! I had no idea... thanks again guys, this sub is amazing.(as compared to my htib cheappie):D
I can't even imagine what you SVS guys are experiencing!!!!
The bass is so clean and distinct. Right now I have it set at @ 100hz, and ran through a few dvd scenes (LOTR Balrog, and Battle of the Hornbug.), and some music/ EAGLES' Hell Freezes Over, Van Halen, (not loud enough, as my daughter was sleeping.)Even at lower volumes, it shines through. It actually made my Paradigm Focus' cleaner and more clear. I assume that I was previously raising the volume to compensate for the muddy bass that was farting out of my htib unit.
I also noticed, after a few hours of listening last night that the volume seemed to get louder, Is this possible? I turned the level down 2 or 3 times. (on the back of the sub)
Is there a "break in"?
Also still wondering about moving my old unit to the rear, anyone?...
Questioning this now, after hearing the new one.
Oh yeah, should I set the crossover all the way down to @ 60hz min. as my Focus extend to 44hz and the cc270 extends to 50,

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Also still wondering about moving my old unit to the rear, anyone?...
__________________________________________________ _________

I would discard that idea in a heart beat. It will muck up the sound.

Kevin G.

Second Unit
I would check with them and see if they'll honor it.
There was a post a couple weeks ago that said the salesperson just wanted a date to refer back to so they could justify giving it out for the 99.00 pprice.
still it's a steal at 124.00!!!!!!!:D

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Yeah, it sure is! But since the sale was over a day after I placed my order, I dont see how theyll honor it :frowning:

Still, VERY excited about the sub! Ive got Starship Troopers Superbit, Matrix Revolutions, The Rundown, and Star Wars ready to go in my DVD player when it gets here :D

Kevin G.

Second Unit
Worth a shot, can't hurt to ask.
The Rundown was AWESOME!!!!!!!! I need to rent it again with the new sub, thanks for the reminder.
I popped in the Hulk and heard things I hadn't heard in the bass realms before

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
Kevin, I've set my Dayton's crossover to 9 o'clock on the dial, which equates to roughly 64 Hz. I'm using the Dayton as a rear sub, with my HSU in the front and what I've found is that the crossover on the Dayton is not extremely effective and although it makes the bass a little cleaner, its not as effective as other sub crossovers at filtering out the higher than set frequencies. For example, if I set the xo on my HSU to 60 Hz, 90-100 Hz frequencies are barely audible, almost non-existant. But this is not the case on the Dayton, I can still hear them and I think they're probably loud enough to measure on SPL but I haven't tried that. All that being said, setting the crossover on the Dayton all the way down (7 o'clock on the dial) or at 100 Hz (12 o'clock on the dial) won't make a huge difference. I recommend instead that you set the Dayton's crossover to max (5 o'clock on the dial) and set your receiver's crossover to 60 or 80 or 100 Hz, but try what sounds best to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks