What's new

Drone / Heli photography (1 Viewer)

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member

laser.jpg

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I've been getting quite a bit of use out of my drone, lately. One of my other "hobbies" is Mazda Miata sports cars and Mazda is about to release its limited edition 30th Anniversary Miata in Racing Orange. Only 3,000 are being made worldwide and the U.S. is getting 643 of those. Several of my friends have ordered one and Mazda hasn't been keeping them updated on their car's progress. So, I've been going down to the port here in San Diego and using my drone to look at areas I don't have visual access to from the ground. Mazda uses 4 different ports around the U.S., Tacoma, San Diego, Jacksonville and Baltimore. San Diego, by far, receives the most cars from Mazda.

Now, before I go on, I should point out that I do NOT fly over port property. Despite how it may appear in some of my photos, my drone is NEVER directly over any of the cars. Having a bird hit my drone and causing it to crash into a brand new car is the LAST thing I want to have happen. Therefore, I keep my drone out over the bay and many of these images are cropped (thus, giving the appearance the drone is closer).

So far, too different ROROs (which stands for Roll On, Roll Off) have brought 30AEs to San Diego. These images were taken over the last two weeks so the cars increase in number and get moved around a bit. Click images for larger versions.

Lastly, here's a 3:30 video that I shot on the very first day that some 30AEs were delivered to San Diego. This video corresponds to the very first image. I left the port while the workers were on their lunch break. More 30AEs were unloaded after I left (I photographed them the next day, image #2 above). The video contains both footage from my handheld camera and footage from my drone.

https://www.thephotobooth.net/Miata-Snapshots/30AE-at-San-Diego-Port/n-44qvcP/i-NZg6gGz/A

Mark

MattBradley

Second Unit
Real Name
Matt Bradley
I think I have to have one. My Phantom is getting dated and I was already debating about lugging it around Alaska next year. I think this is exactly what I want.

MattBradley

Second Unit
Real Name
Matt Bradley
Mine arrived today! It was welcomed by downpours as rain moves through the area. Looking forward to testing it out once the weather clears out this weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks