What's new

Dream Projects (1 Viewer)

Robin Warren

Second Unit
With all the recent success of Fantasy and Sci-Fi films I got daydreaming about the future possibilities of film and what combinations of Filmmaker/Project would really sing. Being the middle of my work day, I thought I would ask the forum members what they would love to see.

For me, I think if Rendezvous With Rama ever gets made with Fincher and Freeman attached, I will be a happy guy. I hope it gets made and I hope they go the Hard SCI-FI route with it. No noisy space scenes. No implausible physics. A giant hard science fiction story for the masses.

Any other "perfect" teams out there?

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
There's precious little SF, or even REAL fantasy, but my dream project might be a few years away.
Peter Jackson's King Kong
Take care,
Chuck

Robin Warren

Second Unit
That would indeed rule the earth Chuck. I can picture the camera panning up to Kongs monstrous face....ahhh what a thrill.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
My dream project used to be a reality and is now a discarded scrap of paper.
David Fincher at one time had pursued making James Ellroy's The Black Dahlia. It's as twisted and complex as all he had, and I am convinced that Fincher has the ability to convey the obsession and morbidity that the novel evokes. Heck, he might even be able to get Russell Crowe, Brad Pitt, or Ed Norton to fill in the two cops roles.
It has since dropped off of anyone's radar screen, and I don't know if it will ever come back up.
I would still love to see it.

Julie K

Screenwriter
My dream project looks like it now has a chance - a big budget, very faithful adaptation of At the Mountains of Madness. Unfortunately, it looks like it will be several years coming.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Terry Gilliam's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
David Fincher's Ender's Game
John Carpenter's Necroscope
...and the inevitable joke one:
Victor Salva's The Michael Jackson Story

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
My dream projects are all comic book-based. Hopefully with the current superhero craze these have a chance of getting made, although probably not by my chosen directors.

Tim Burton's "Kingdom Come"

The Wachowski Brothers' "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns"

George Lucas' "Marvels"

Quentin Tarantino's "Wolverine"

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Julie K wrote:
Much as I'd also like to see "faithful" adaptations of H.P. Lovecraft's stuff, I hardly think it's possible in the Hollywood system. (For example, a female lead is de rigueur in the system, though not to be found in most Lovecraft stories. Notoriously absent, in fact.) Just look at the abominations that have been perpetrated in his name.
(Not the ones he thought up, that's for sure!)
In any event, I would like to see good adaptations of his "Haunter of the Dark" and his Shadow over Innsmouth, each of which could be real creepy if done by the right person. Who that would be I can't think presently.
Another project: David Cronenberg could do for a remake of X, The Man with the X-Ray Eyes what he did for The Fly: turn it into a gut-wrenching, but poetic existential horror/sf film, with Academy-Award nomination-worthy acting performances. Update the whole "seeing God and the Universe" thing, putting today's Hubble, COBE, and Chandra telescope science behind it. Just the right man for just the right project. i've often thought of writing to him to suggest it.
Please, Hollywood, a realistic big-screen (re)make of Aldous Huxley's Brave New World! With today's DNA-based genetics and Hollywood's SFX capabilities a dynamite combination in the hands of someone who truly understands and appreciates that great novel for what it is (still today).

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Bo Welch's "Sprockets" with Mike Myers
"The Sky is Falling"
"Cosm"
"20 Billion"
You can find out more about these movies here.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
A Fincher directed THE OSTERMAN WEEKEND
and... if H.G. Wells THE WAR OF THE WORLDS gets an un-modernized version, I will poo my shorts.:D I personally would like to see someone like JamesCameron direct.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
What is "Marvels" Ricardo? I'm not familiar with that. As for my dream projects, one is already on the way. The Incredible Hulk. My favorite along with Superman. I'd really like to see Lucas create new stories for films, the way he did for Indy. He could direct some, and he could create some and produce for other directors. I'd love to see a Lucas/Fincher collaboration. Can you imagine the visuals those two would create?

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Terrell, Marvels was Alex Ross' first high-profile graphic novel, a retelling of the beginnings of the Marvel Universe seen through the eyes of a civilian. There's a nice summary of it here
As for FIncher and Lucas... That would make me one HAPPY geek :D
I'd love for Lucas to create a new sci-fi series, but much more adult and dark than Star Wars, and then hand the reins over to Fincher. it could be a TV show or a film franchise, I'd be THERE :D

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
David Lynch -- "Fire Walk With Me Some More"

but he says Peaks is dead, so it'll never happen. Plus Frank Silva (who played Bob) is really dead, as in no longer on earth. I'd also like to see him finally get to make "Ronnie Rocket" but he says that's dead too because the script got sent around the internet too much.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Another vote for Ender's Game

The Dark Tower series from Steven King

Asimov's Foundation series could be cool

MichaelAW

Second Unit
"Indiana Jones IV" by Speilberg. :)
Anyone doing an adaptation of "The Secret History" by Donna Tartt. (Last I heard, Jake Paltrow is directing.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks