What's new

Donna Reed Show Seasons 4-8 Campaign (1 Viewer)

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
Thanks Bob and Joanne for your replies as well......

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I just ordered season two and three and three did not ship. The vendor said three was out of stock !![/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Maybe that is the end of the series being released with the current vendor ??? I was told that it is back ordered ??[/COLOR]

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
Good news! Mary Owen, Donna Reed's daughter has joined the Facebook campaign. She also confirmed that she and her siblings own seasons 4 and 5 and would love to release the DVDs themselves, instead of relying on another distributor. She is asking for advice and help on getting this accomplished. Anyone who has any input on how to do this, please go by the Facebook page (join!) and give any advice you can. Thanks!! :)

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Originally Posted by Jude86

Good news! Mary Owen, Donna Reed's daughter has joined the Facebook campaign. She also confirmed that she and her siblings own seasons 4 and 5 and would love to release the DVDs themselves, instead of relying on another distributor.

So who owns the rest of the series? Colpix/Sony?

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
I will have to ask Mary to make sure. If it is Sony, then we more than likely can petition Shout! to license seasons 6-8, after we get seasons 4 and 5 from the Reed/Owen heirs.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
While they own seasons 4 & 5, I wonder if they actually have the original prints to those episodes?

If not, that could seem to be pose a problem unless a company was able to source prints from the collectors market like Timless does so often.

I wonder why they couldn't come to an agreement with Virgil Films and Entertainment? They seemed to have been doing a decent job with the first three seasons. I wonder if it wasn't selling well enough for them so they decided not to continue and even try to negotiate a license for seasons 4 and & 5?

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Doesn't it strike anyone a bit odd that rights holders (in this case family members) are using facebook to solicit business advice on how to release product on DVD? If they are truly that lacking of knowledge then they'd be better off forging a professional relationship with a company that knows what they are doing as opposed to doing some paint by the numbers do it yourself approach.

lunar999

Auditioning
Real Name
ECH
That's not exactly how it came about. The topic simply came up, and the family wondered if anyone on the page happened to have any ideas. I didn't view it as a calculated, deliberate issue of using Facebook to solicit advice.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
My advice to them would be to contact MPI, Infinity and Shout Factory, in that order. Those are the 3 companies that would be most likely to be interested in this type of show.

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
First off, Mary Owen did not solicit anyone, much less me, on trying to get her mother's show on DVD. She stated the case that she and her siblings would like to put out seasons 4 and 5 themselves. The experience with Virgil soured them on distributors in general (and I do know the reasons, but I cannot disclose them to anyone.)

That being said, we are actively trying to see if anyone can help with advice. I myself would like it if MPI, etc would be involved, but this is the Reed/Owen heirs decision and we have to respect what they would like to do. I will support them since they hold the key to seeing seasons 4 and 5 come out. Once those are out--whether by them themselves or by a third party distributor, we can focus on getting Shout! or MPI or whoever to license from Sony, seasons 6-8.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I'm not 100% sure, but I think I remember reading some old posts that the owners of the Steve Canyon series put out the DVD sets by themselves. I'm too lazy right now to search the archives, but they might be able to provide some advice.

Originally Posted by Ron Lee Green

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I remember reading some old posts that the owners of the Steve Canyon series put out the DVD sets by themselves. I'm too lazy right now to search the archives, but they might be able to provide some advice.
You are right, the Milt Caniff estate heirs have released the Steve Canyon series through their own distribution network

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Originally Posted by LeoAmes

While they own seasons 4 & 5, I wonder if they actually have the original prints to those episodes?
Actually, I have no idea if the 'Family Estate' has ever owned the 'Original Prints.' All I know is, that Mary Owen has recently stated that the 'Fourth Season Episodes' from her Mother's Television Series have been transferred from film onto a digi-beta, which she and her siblings have in their possession. Now she needs people to help her put these 'Fourth Season Episodes' onto DVD.

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
Of course, the cat is out of the bag that MPI has struck a deal with the Donna Reed/Tony Owen heirs to bring seasons 4 and 5 out on DVD. Hopefully sales will be good to encourage MPI to seek out to license seasons 6-8 from Sony--that may be the bigger obstacle in the long haul. But in the meantime, let's celebrate that seasons 4 and 5 will be coming out!

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
Finally !!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is I am only interested in the seasons with Shelley Fabares !!!! So that is great that the seasons with her will finally see the light of day !!!!!!!!

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Originally Posted by AlanP

Finally !!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is I am only interested in the seasons with Shelley Fabares !!!! So that is great that the seasons with her will finally see the light of day !!!!!!!!

Not Me!!! I want all the episodes with Shelley Fabares!!!! There are eight more episodes that have Shelley Fabares in them after the 'Fifth Season,' in which these episodes will be included during the Sixth and Seventh Seasons. I want them all!!!! No, I am not Greedy! lol

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
I UNDERSTAND WHY EVERYONE WOULD WANT THE COMPLETE SERIES.

IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST IN MY OPINION AFTER "LUCY" AND "MAKE ROOM FOR DADDY" IN MY OPINION.

WHY MORE OF THE LATTER HAS NEVER SEEN THE LIGHT OF DAY IS BEYOND ME. EVEN IF IT WERE MOD.

ANYWAY, I AM STILL ENJOYING SEASON TWO AND I HAVE SEASON THREE TO COMPLETE AS OF YET.

I FOUND SOME OF THE EPISODES INTERESTING IN SEASON TWO. AS THE STONE HOUSE BEGAN TO GRADUALLY CHANGE

DECOR FROM THE FIRST SEASON INTO THE SECOND. THE STAIRCASE FOR ONE CHANGED AS DID THE PANELS BETWEEN THE DINING

ROOM AND LIVING ROOM. AND THE DOOR INTO ALEX'S OFFICE ALSO BECAME A DOUBLE DOOR BETWEEN THE HOME AND OFFICE.

AND PAUL PETERSEN REALLY BEGAN TO MATURE. I GUESS THE DECOR TAKES ON MORE OF A CHANGE IN THE THIRD SEASON.

I AM ONLY INTO THE FIRST DISC OF THE SECOND SEASON. HOWEVER, ONE EPISODE ON THE FIRST DISC I WATCHED LAST NIGHT THE DECOR WENT BACK TO THE FIRST SEASON ?? THEN THE NEXT EPISODE IT WAS BACK TO THE NEWER DECOR OF THE SECOND SEASON ?? WONDER IF THAT EPISODE WAS FROM THE FIRST SEASON A LEFT OVER AND WAS TRANSPORTED TO THE SECOND IN THE SERIES ORDER ??

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Originally Posted by Greg2356

Finally !!!!!!!!!!

Not Me!!! I want all the episodes with Shelley Fabares!!!! There are eight more episodes that have Shelley Fabares in them after the 'Fifth Season,' in which these episodes will be included during the Sixth and Seventh Seasons. I want them all!!!! No, I am not Greedy! lol

[/QUOTE]

I'll take every season I can get my hands on as well. And Greg, thanks for all the updates! Can't wait for Season 4 to roll around.

Gary "if we get seasons 6-8, great - but if not I'll still be very thrilled to have the first 5 seasons on dvd" O.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks