What's new

Donna Reed Show Seasons 4-8 Campaign (1 Viewer)

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Originally Posted by AlanP

I UNDERSTAND WHY EVERYONE WOULD WANT THE COMPLETE SERIES.

IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST IN MY OPINION AFTER "LUCY" AND "MAKE ROOM FOR DADDY" IN MY OPINION.

WHY MORE OF THE LATTER HAS NEVER SEEN THE LIGHT OF DAY IS BEYOND ME. EVEN IF IT WERE MOD.

ANYWAY, I AM STILL ENJOYING SEASON TWO AND I HAVE SEASON THREE TO COMPLETE AS OF YET.

I FOUND SOME OF THE EPISODES INTERESTING IN SEASON TWO. AS THE STONE HOUSE BEGAN TO GRADUALLY CHANGE

DECOR FROM THE FIRST SEASON INTO THE SECOND. THE STAIRCASE FOR ONE CHANGED AS DID THE PANELS BETWEEN THE DINING

ROOM AND LIVING ROOM. AND THE DOOR INTO ALEX'S OFFICE ALSO BECAME A DOUBLE DOOR BETWEEN THE HOME AND OFFICE.

AND PAUL PETERSEN REALLY BEGAN TO MATURE. I GUESS THE DECOR TAKES ON MORE OF A CHANGE IN THE THIRD SEASON.

I AM ONLY INTO THE FIRST DISC OF THE SECOND SEASON. HOWEVER, ONE EPISODE ON THE FIRST DISC I WATCHED LAST NIGHT THE DECOR WENT BACK TO THE FIRST SEASON ?? THEN THE NEXT EPISODE IT WAS BACK TO THE NEWER DECOR OF THE SECOND SEASON ?? WONDER IF THAT EPISODE WAS FROM THE FIRST SEASON A LEFT OVER AND WAS TRANSPORTED TO THE SECOND IN THE SERIES ORDER ??

Yes, you are very correct Alan! Mary Owen kindly informed me just because she thought I'd be interested, that two episodes that had been filmed from the 'First Season' weren't aired until the 'Second Season.' I had always wondered why they had only made 37 Episodes in the 'First Season' of "The Donna Reed Show" when in reality they had made 39 episodes, but two episodes they had kept back and had added to 'Season Two.' So that meant they had only made 36 episodes in the 'Second Season,' but with these two added episodes from 'Season One' it made it appear that they had made 38 episodes in the 'Second Season.' As for the Decor, Alan, you should get together with Paul Petersen's sister who now spells her name Patti Petersen, since she is interested in the very same types of details as you are Alan, with the changing of doors, and Decor etc. She has posted in the past about these sorts of details regarding "The Donna Reed Show" when she was active on the "Bring the Donna Reed Show's Fourth Season to DVD"!-> Facebook Campaign Page. I have to give you credit Alan for being so very observant!!!

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Originally Posted by Gary OS

Finally !!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is I am only interested in the seasons with Shelley Fabares !!!! So that is great that the seasons with her will finally see the light of day !!!!!!!!

Not Me!!! I want all the episodes with Shelley Fabares!!!! There are eight more episodes that have Shelley Fabares in them after the 'Fifth Season,' in which these episodes will be included during the Sixth and Seventh Seasons. I want them all!!!! No, I am not Greedy! lol

[/QUOTE]

I'll take every season I can get my hands on as well. And Greg, thanks for all the updates! Can't wait for Season 4 to roll around.

Gary "if we get seasons 6-8, great - but if not I'll still be very thrilled to have the first 5 seasons on dvd" O.

It is a my pleasure Gary to give you updates concerning "The Donna Reed Show"! Thank you so much for your appreciation!!

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
I guess I'm chopped liver regarding this campaign........LOL

Long Live The Donna Reed Show :)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jude86

I guess I'm chopped liver regarding this campaign........LOL

Not at all, Jude. You've done tremendous work, what with starting the facebook page and all. Thanks a bunch for everything!!

Gary "can't wait to see Season 4 up for pre-order" O.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I just noticed ME TV is currently showing Season 8 of the Donna Reed Show. The episodes end with the Sony TV logo and are edited for time. Previously ME TV only showed the first 5 seasons owned by the Donna Reed estate. Sorry I missed Seasons 6 and 7 if they were also shown. Anyone have information on this?

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Only one or two episodes have been shown from Season 6/7 so it looks like they are only running S8 in addition to 1-5.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Thought I had missed a lot, but I guess not if they largely skipped seasons 6 & 7. Was surprised to turn it on the other day and see an unfamiliar season 8 episode that I had never seen.

Would like to see this one be wrapped up someday.

Last edited:

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
I had high hopes that this would someday be completed. I guess Sony doesn't have all of the workable masters to get the final three seasons released, or they aren't willing to spend the money to get them remastered and released. It's a shame.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
The traditional syndication package has seasons 1-3, 5 & 8. Pretty sure that's what makes up the 174 episode package.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Odd choices, any insight on why they didn't just cut it down to seasons 1-5?

Last edited:

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
The traditional syndication package has seasons 1-3, 5 & 8. Pretty sure that's what makes up the 174 episode package.
Why haven't they ever shown/released seasons 6 and 7? They were apparently the most popular of the series, yet no one ever sees them.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Why haven't they ever shown/released seasons 6 and 7? They were apparently the most popular of the series, yet no one ever sees them.

They were at one time in the syndication package but stations buying reruns really had no desire for series with over 200 episodes so at some point around 100 episodes were yanked out of the package, including seasons 6 & 7. As for DVD, the Reed estate owns the rights to only the first 5 seasons, with Sony owning the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks