What's new

Does this sound okay? (1 Viewer)

Will Pomeroy

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, here's the deal:

I've been wanting to build a subwoofer for quite a while, and i've finally settled on this:

Its going to be a 14x15.5x19.5 sealed box

A shiva on one end,

An AVA250 on the other

I think its going to be mostly for music, but a lil' home theater here and there.

Will I be missing a lot without a passive radiator or a port?

Is there anything obvious that i've overlooked that could cause this thing to be incredibly bad?

Thanks very much

Will.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
I think that with a PR or port your sub will go deeper. But, since it will be mostly for music, you won't be missing much. I will say that my DVC + PR goes really low and sounds really good for music.

But, I'm sure many other will chime in with much better info!

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Shoot, sorry Will for messing up your thread. He just e-mailed me about the Adire PRs I have for sale. Which are now sold.

Sorry again Will! :b

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Will I be missing a lot without a passive radiator or a port?
Personally, I prefer a sealed sub for music. I have a 101 liter sealed Shiva. A sealed sub will provide a more "punchy" tight sound while a ported sub, although it may have a little deeper extension, will provide a more "rumbling" sound...IMHO

A

Anthony_Gomez

When I was new, I say YGM in the for sale/trade forums. I didn't know what it ment, so I made my own translation.
..for the longest time, I thought it mean "you greedy mother-f__er!"....Each time I saw YGM, I was like damn!...that is rude!..the price looks good to me=)
:D :D :D :D :D

Will Pomeroy

Stunt Coordinator
He he, I thought it mean't "You're a Good Man"

and when he said "you've got mail" I check my mail about a thousand times, but then I realized how stupid I was...

Its okay, i'm from canada...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks