What's new

Doctor Who (2 Viewers)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Official trailer for the Fifteenth Doctor's first run:

The new run of “Doctor Who” begins streaming simultaneously:
British Summer Time: Saturday, May 11 just after midnight on BBC One/iPlayer.
Eastern Daylight Time: Friday, May 10 at 7:00 p.m. on Disney+.
Pacific Daylight Time: Friday, May 10 at 4:00 p.m. on Disney+.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'll give this a go.

I lost interest in Dr. Who about five years ago, around when Tennant left -- the storytelling was no longer satisfying for me even as light fare. But this new iteration, maybe it's time to check it out again. Hopefully it's new writers and showrunners. The last team was in a rut for years, for my tastes. That said, my wife wants to catch up on the last Doctor and Companion, so I have to find out where those are out and how to watch. Disney only has this newest season, it seems.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully it's new writers and showrunners.
Russell T. Davies has returned as showrunner; he left in 2010 when David Tennant did the first time. The three Fourteenth Doctor specials are the first things he's written for the main "Doctor Who" series since.

Disney only has this newest season, it seems.
The BBC is treating "Doctor Who" as three separate series with a shared continuity: 1963-1996, 2005-2022, and now 2023-present. Disney+ only has rights to the third iteration. Max has the US rights to the second iteration.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Contradicting rumors that Millie Gibson had been dumped after one season, the BBC today confirmed that the Fifteenth Doctor will have two companions for the upcoming second season:
BBC Press Release said:

Doctor Who - First Look at Ncuti Gatwa with Varada Sethu and Millie Gibson ahead of season two​

Varada Sethu will join the Fifteenth Doctor and Ruby Sunday in the second season of Doctor Who, which will air in 2025​

Published: 08:00 pm, 12 April 2024

Left to right - Varada Sethu, Ncuti Gatwa and Millie Gibson stand together smiling at a Doctor Who readthrough.

Like many Doctors who have come before him, one is not enough for the Fifteenth Doctor and in season two, he will have two companions by his side as Varada Sethu steps aboard the TARDIS.

Varada joins the Whoniverse from a galaxy far, far away after starring in the Disney+ Star Wars series Andor. Now she straps in for another journey through time and space alongside Ncuti Gatwa as the Fifteenth Doctor and Millie Gibson as Ruby Sunday.

Sethu says: "I feel like the luckiest person in the world. It is such an honour to be a part of the Whoniverse, and I'm so grateful to the whole Doctor Who family - because that is what they are - for welcoming me with open arms and making me feel so at home. I couldn't ask for a better team than Ncuti and Millie to be on this adventure with, this is SO much fun!"

Left to right - Millie Gibson, Ncuti Gatwa and Varada Sethu smile, standing together in a readthrough room

Showrunner, executive producer and writer Russell T Davies says: “I first worked with Varada on a BBC production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and it's a joy to welcome her on board the TARDIS. Right now in the studio, shooting for 2025, we've got Ncuti, Millie and Varada fighting side by side - we need all three, because the stakes are higher than ever!”

Sethu is best known for her standout role as Cinta Kaz in the Disney+ Original series Andor. Her additional credits include Jurassic World Dominion, Annika and Strike Back.

Currently in production, the second season of Doctor Who is set to debut in 2025 on BBC One and BBC iPlayer in the UK and Disney+ in the U.S. and around the world (where available).
Photos from a table read featuring Sethu, Gatwa (the Fifteenth Doctor), and Gibson (Ruby Sunday) were released today.

Season one of Doctor Who will premiere simultaneously for the first time on BBC iPlayer and Disney+. In the UK, the first two new episodes of the season will premiere at 00:00 on May 11 on BBC iPlayer, and then on BBC One later that day. Episodes will drop on BBC iPlayer followed by a primetime slot on BBC One each week following that. Outside the UK, Doctor Who begins streaming 10 May at 7pm ET on Disney+, where available, giving audiences a simultaneous global launch.

Doctor Who is produced by Bad Wolf with BBC Studios for the BBC and Disney Branded Television.

Russell T Davies is showrunner, executive producer and writer. Additional executive producers include Phil Collinson, Joel Collins, Julie Gardner and Jane Tranter.

JA2

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks