What's new

Do any DVD players play MP3's randomly? (1 Viewer)

Gordon Ripley

Auditioning
Subject pretty much says it all. Are there any DVD players capable of playing MP3's randomly from CDR's?

I looked at a bunch of DVD players and none seem to offer this feature.

Thanks

Gord

Marc Rochkind

Second Unit
I have reached a similar conclusion. It is common on the portable CD players, but apparently not on DVD players. Also, on both, I really want a resume feature (like my car CD player has). With a 10-hr. MP3 disc, I really need it.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
The Toshiba SD3750/4700/5700 do it BUT the problem is, it seems to play the same random sequence every time you play the same disc!

I've only tried this once, but everytime we put the same disc in and hit 'Random', this is what happened. Even after power cycling.

Gordon Ripley

Auditioning
I had a portable CD/MP3 player that did the same thing. What it would do is double the track number, so...

First Track would play Track 2

Second Track would play Track 4

Third Track would play Track 8

Fourth Track would play Track 16

And so on.....

You wouldn't think that randomizing the play order would be that difficult, given everything else they do.

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
The Pioneer Elite DV-47A plays MP3s randomly. I have had mine for about 2 weeks & use the feature all the time. Each time I put the CD-RW MP3 disc in & push random play it plays different each time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks