What's new

Disney’s Take Over of Fox TV Entertainment (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
When my TV was still connected to cable I used TLC, History Channel, and Food Network for that as I absolutely detest broadcast news. I worked for a broadcaster directing 2-4 newscasts per day for 21 years. Over that time I grew to dislike "news" almost as much as sports.

Now I can’t watch most tv period. Reality TV and talk shows aren’t my thing

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
We get Canadian news and channels but also those from the USA, so anytime I get bored with the US scandals, I can switch over to the Canadian scandals until those too become boring.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Canadian "scandals" are mind-numbingly boring, especially compared to the American stuff these days.

warnerbro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Darrell
Disney is removing all their content and Fox's content from all platforms and moving it exclusively to a streaming service. This is the reason for the merger -- to acquire the library.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
I'm really looking forward to signing up for D+. Sounds like it will be a treasure trove of movies and shows.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
The Disney buyout has fast tracked my decision to purchase some Fox TV shows on disc I have been on the fence about. I'm certain Disney will never/ever re-release or license them out. It is now or never. Strike first, and strike hard.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
The Disney buyout has fast tracked my decision to purchase some Fox TV shows on disc I have been on the fence about. I'm certain Disney will never/ever re-release or license them out. It is now or never. Strike first, and strike hard.

What shows were they?

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
An amusing aside:

Last night's episode of Family Guy was titled "You Can't Handle the Booth" and the premise was that the Family Guy cast goes into a booth to do audio commentary on an episode of Family Guy. It gets very surreal in the second half when the voice actors tell the cast they aren't real.

In the first part, though, while they're in the booth, Danny the Intern comes in to give them their paychecks. Danny accidentally gives Peter's paycheck to Lois, whereupon she finds out Peter makes more than 4 times what she does. Lois does not respond well:

LOIS: "This is bullcrap, I'm calling Fox or Disney Payroll right now."

Phone ringing.

OPERATOR: "Fox or Disney payroll."

LOIS: "Yeah, this is Lois Griff... "

OPERATOR: "Please hold."

(Simpson's theme music plays while Lois is on hold.)

LOIS: (scoffs) "Of course."

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Anyone know how much longer Disney's Licensing agreement with Shout will last? I'm trying to get NYPD Blue completed before it goes OOP .. I got the first 6 Seasons and will be ordering the other 6 by the end of this week ..However, I would also like to get the Miss Bliss episodes (Renamed Saved by the bell, the Jr. High years in the shout release) Since I have all other Saved by the bell (Original Series, New Class, tele Films and College Years)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Are there plans to release Good Morning Miss Bliss separately? Right now it's only part of Shout's "Complete Collection" set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks