What's new

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (2 Viewers)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Nooo. I’m so ashamed. :oops:

I guess you need to have a college kid to force it on your credit card -- that's how it was for me... or I probably woulda done whatever free trial just to binge watch Mandalorian and then cancel until the next season... :P although the price is very reasonable, so...

_Man_

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Yeah, a whole month of D+ is about the same price as one bargain bin Blu-ray. A very good deal, and you can cancel any time.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yeah, a whole month of D+ is about the same price as one bargain bin Blu-ray. A very good deal, and you can cancel any time.

Indeed... although my son oddly decided to sign us up for the discounted whole year instead... even though he normally just goes month-to-month w/ such things... :rolleyes::lol:

_Man_

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I noticed that AFV is now on it.

Haven’t watched more then a handful of eps after Saget left the show so I can’t say if this is typical of the rebroadcasts of the later seasons.

There are parts of a half dozen seasons on there now all Bergeron seasons.
All but the most recent ones are oddly stretched or squashed similar to what was done with the Simpson earlyseasons.

It looks like the viewer submitted video segments are zoomed and or stretched to the point of being difficult to look at it.

The host segments look odd and may be stretched too.
They all fill the screen, I’m not sure what season they started airing in hd widescreen.

So anyway AFV show looks screwed up to my eyes.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Just saw that "Splash" is back to showing as PG on the service. Disney was getting slot of bad press over that rating (or more specifically that studios cannot self-apply MPAA ratings).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just saw that "Splash" is back to showing as PG on the service. Disney was getting slot of bad press over that rating (or more specifically that studios cannot self-apply MPAA ratings).
Well, I just checked those two scenes on both iTunes as well as Disney+ and there are still differences between the two digitals. On the Disney+, the first scene when Hanks first encounters her on the beach they still computer enhanced the length of her hair to cover her butt crack as she dives back into the ocean. The second scene at the Statue of Liberty they did remove the computer enhanced hair, but they zoomed out to not show the full view of her butt crack.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Well, I just checked those two scenes on both iTunes as well as Disney+ and there are still differences between the two digitals. On the Disney+, the first scene when Hanks first encounters her on the beach they still computer enhanced the length of her hair to cover her butt crack as she dives back into the ocean. The second scene at the Statue of Liberty they did remove the computer enhanced hair, but they zoomed out to not show the full view of her butt crack.
All I was saying was that the rating on the title screen was changed back to its original rating of PG. But, if they are still showing an altered version, then Disney, legally, cannot show a rating of PG. The TV rating system is much more lenient, allowing content providers and distributors (Disney would be both in this case) to apply their own ratings. So, theoretically, Disney should be self-applying a TV-PG or TV-14 rating to Splash, not PG or PG-13.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
All I was saying was that the rating on the title screen was changed back to its original rating of PG. But, if they are still showing an altered version, then Disney, legally, cannot show a rating of PG. The TV rating system is much more lenient, allowing content providers and distributors (Disney would be both in this case) to apply their own ratings. So, theoretically, Disney should be self-applying a TV-PG or TV-14 rating to Splash, not PG or PG-13.

Vanity Fair:

"And despite these changes, the film as presented on Disney+ has been given a PG-13 rating—even though Splash was given a PG rating when it was originally released in 1984. (Fun fact: The first movie ever released with a PG-13 rating, Red Dawn,was released a few months after Splash, on August 10, 1984.) If this wasn’t confusing enough, a source recently told me that Splash will go through yet another rating change, and will soon sport a TV-PG rating."

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Vanity Fair:

"And despite these changes, the film as presented on Disney+ has been given a PG-13 rating—even though Splash was given a PG rating when it was originally released in 1984. (Fun fact: The first movie ever released with a PG-13 rating, Red Dawn,was released a few months after Splash, on August 10, 1984.) If this wasn’t confusing enough, a source recently told me that Splash will go through yet another rating change, and will soon sport a TV-PG rating."
That is probably the correct rating for the film on Disney+, TV-PG.

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Quick question for those more knowledgeable in matters like this, when did Disney acquire the rights to The Princess Bride cause last I checked, MGM still had US rights to this film?

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Quick question for those more knowledgeable in matters like this, when did Disney acquire the rights to The Princess Bride cause last I checked, MGM still had US rights to this film?

I assume 20th Century Fox has some rights to it for domestic home video as their logo is on the blu-ray...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks