What's new

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (2 Viewers)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’m watching the first episode of Imagineering Story. As an enthusiast for the early history of the parks, there isn’t much in the first episode that I hadn’t seen before, but the presentation was pleasant to watch and a lot of the archival footage has been beautifully remastered for HD. I’ll stick around for the entirety of the miniseries based on what I’ve seen so far.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Ack! Just found my first disappointment with the service: Adventures of Bullwhip Griffin. The first thing you see is a placard "This film has been modified from its original version. It has been edited for content" I wonder how many more movies have this disclaimer? Most of what I've seen so far start with a warning in the upper left corner warning about tobacco smoking or something, but this is the first that I've found to be censored. I guess whatever was in it was so objectionable they felt that they had no choice.

What has present-day Disney got against Roddy McDowall? First, they play musical chairs with his Bedknobs and Broomsticks scenes, now this. Seriously, screw them. I will not pay a premium to watch bowdlerized movies, especially not on a service with a 3-year commitment upfront. That's what network TV was for. If this is what we can expect, then why don't they just shoehorn some commercials in every 20 minutes while they're at it? Even those you can already get on YouTube.

Last edited:

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I’m watching the first episode of Imagineering Story. As an enthusiast for the early history of the parks, there isn’t much in the first episode that I hadn’t seen before, but the presentation was pleasant to watch and a lot of the archival footage has been beautifully remastered for HD. I’ll stick around for the entirety of the miniseries based on what I’ve seen so far.
I agree, I've seen plenty of Disneyland and Disney World "making of" docs but still found this interesting. I bet episdoe2 will be all about the beginnings of Disney World. I did enjoy some of the new interviews with the original imagineers.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I am a little surprise that all the old cartoons, the ones on those old Treasures DVDs, were not included in Disney+. Why hold those back, unless they just want to have catalog content to add at later dates.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I am a little surprise that all the old cartoons, the ones on those old Treasures DVDs, were not included in Disney+. Why hold those back, unless they just want to have catalog content to add at later dates.
I think some stuff isn't ready for 1080p which is why they were held back.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
What has present-day Disney got against Roddy McDowall? First, they play musical chairs with his Bedknobs and Broomsticks scenes, now this. Seriously, screw them. I will not pay a premium to watch bowdlerized movies, especially not on a service with a 3-year commitment upfront. That's what network TV was for. If this is what we can expect, then why don't they just shoehorn some commercials in every 20 minutes while they're at it? Even those you can already get on YouTube.
There is no requirement for a three year commitment. You can go month to month if you wish. The 3 year commitment was only for the D23 membership special deal at less than $4 per month -- a deal which is no longer available.

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
I just noticed they have the Thomas Mitchell version of Swiss Family Robinson on the service (I had forgotten they own that version). I don’t have time to spot check it right now, but can anyone comment on the quality of the transfer?

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Well folks. My first attempt at using my Disney+ subscription on 12 November went absolutely nowhere (on my iPhone app). System would not even recognize my user ID, much less my pw. Phone call to CS was useless, hung up after almost an hour on hold.

Ahhh felgercarb!!!

Oops, wrong SciFi franchise.

Ahhh maclunkey!!

One day later, try again with iPhone app.
Working like a champ now, started my viewings of The Mandalorian.

Can’t wait to get home to see D+ on the 75 and That Darn Cat (1965) in full HD (after waiting for a Blu-ray release that probably will never materialize now).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I just noticed they have the Thomas Mitchell version of Swiss Family Robinson on the service (I had forgotten they own that version). I don’t have time to spot check it right now, but can anyone comment on the quality of the transfer?
It's mediocre at best and doesn't appear to be HD.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully that’s something they’ll add.

I watched The Mandolorian after work yesterday, and did not let the credits play all the way through. When I went to watch it again with my wife, I could not find any sort of "Start from the beginning".........I had to scroll all the way back. Kind of annoying.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Mickey who?

;)

Did you see, Dave, that there is a number (admittedly, not many) Mickey cartoons if you scroll down the long list of content categories?

EDIT: It is under the "DISNEY" heading and the category is "Mickey Mouse Through the Years." There are maybe 30 shorts, features and recent TV shows listed there.

Yeah not a lot for sure

I wonder if they will pull in stuff from Fox like Voyage to the bottom of the sea , fantastic voyage etc

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I watched The Mandolorian after work yesterday, and did not let the credits play all the way through. When I went to watch it again with my wife, I could not find any sort of "Start from the beginning".........I had to scroll all the way back. Kind of annoying.
I think if you exit back to the title screen, a "Restart from the Beginning" button will appear.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I think if you exit back to the title screen, a "Restart from the Beginning" button will appear.

Pretty sure I tried that...exited all the way out back to the D+ home screen, then drilled back down to the Mandolorian, but I will give it another shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks