What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
It's better than not knowing anything except the movie is not available. Now, we at least know why a film is not available at this time and when it's going to be available to watch.
I would say it would be better to put those films in their own section called something like "Coming Soon". When you see a movie on the list of movies available it is disappointing to find it is not, in fact, available now.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I have not been able to delete movies from my watch list once watched. Can anybody help? I'm using a Roku.

I had the same problem on my iPhone. When I was done watching, I reclicked the + button and then got out of the app. The things I unclicked did get removed when I got back in. It's not an elegant system right now, at least for me.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have not been able to delete movies from my watch list once watched. Can anybody help? I'm using a Roku.
Just hit the + button twice. If you hit it once, it adds it to your watch list with a check mark. If you hit a second time then the check mark reverts into the + sign again. Once you do that on the Roku, the film title will delete from your watch list.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I would say it would be better to put those films in their own section called something like "Coming Soon". When you see a movie on the list of movies available it is disappointing to find it is not, in fact, available now.
I understand your point, perhaps, they'll eventually do that.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I had the same problem on my iPhone. When I was done watching, I reclicked the + button and then got out of the app. The things I unclicked did get removed when I got back in. It's not an elegant system right now, at least for me.
It's not elegant and is something I had to mess around with before I got the method.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
9CCEBE17-8B45-4359-8516-9195CB719BFD.jpeg

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I don’t think it’s a big surprise - one of the Simpsons team had previous tweeted that it would be in OAR on the service. I have faith that everything will end up as it’s supposed to be.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I don’t think it’s a big surprise - one of the Simpsons team had previous tweeted that it would be in OAR on the service. I have faith that everything will end up as it’s supposed to be.

I hope Disney also adds a feature where the service keeps track of which episodes in a TV series you have watched, just like Amazon, Apple, Hulu, etc. Right now, you have no idea where you left off if you want to watch episodes in order.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
So which is the first Marvel show coming to D+ and do we know when it starts?

Also, does anyone remember if Obi Wan is 2020, 2021 or later?

Clone Wars final season?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
So which is the first Marvel show coming to D+ and do we know when it starts?

I think The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is being targeted for fall 2020, so that would be first. I'm not sure where I read that though so wouldn't swear to it. I do know it's shooting now.

WanaVision and Loki both feed into Doctor Strange 2, so they have to come out before that, and the movie will be in Marvel's usual beginning of May slot in 2021. I would guess this means both of those shows are targeted for early 2021. But as far as I know, nothing has firm launch dates yet.

Loki is beginning to cast its supporting characters around Tom Hiddleston, so it looks like that will probably shoot early next year.

Also, does anyone remember if Obi Wan is 2020, 2021 or later?

I am guessing based on the information we have available that Obi-Wan will probably be 2021, but I don't think they've officially said that. When Ewan McGroger was on Jimmy Kimmel to promote Doctor Sleep, he said that he has something else to film before Obi-Wan, and then Obi-Wan shooting will take place next year. If he's filming something else first, that would probably rule out an early 2020 production start. If they start shooting in the summer, releasing it in fall 2020 would be a tight fit. But 2022 would also be really far out for something that will shoot in 2020. So, again, just a guess, I haven't seen anything official, but 2021 seems like a good target guess.

Clone Wars final season?

I have no idea on that one.

Last edited:

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Just started watching Darby O'Gill on Disney+ and it is unfortunately the version where both Darby's and King Brian's original Irish brogues have been replaced with clearer dubbed voices that Walt required when the film was reissued in movie theaters (the same version that TCM broadcast a few years back). It looks great in HD but I'm glad I have the DVD with Darby's and King Brian's original voices.

Last edited:

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Watched the first episode of the National Geographic doc Drain the Oceans, which I thought was surprisingly interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks