What's new

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (2 Viewers)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm in, too! :D

Easy peasy. Downloaded the app for both the ATV4k and iPhone and "log in" was quick.

Now off to bed and see what tomorrow brings. I think Peg's gonna want to watch that new Lady and the Tramp!

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I was reading that it was supposed to be compatible with LG and Samsung Smart TVs, but I'm not seeing an app for either set.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
They did the zoom-out during the end credits, and "SKIP INTRO" pops up, just like on Netflix- you could easily skip the intros without having that on the screen. No user settings to speak of so hopefully they'll add a way to turn these off, if not then that's a huge dealbreaker. Shows shot on video are at the wrong frame rate also, as usual.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Very impressive service. A steal for $7 a month.

I have noticed some weird omissions like 4 of my favorite live action films not being added yet. Never Cry Wolf, Island at the Top of the World, Something Wicked This Way Comes, and The Watcher in the Woods. I hope they launch soon.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I like the following, regarding movies on hold due to existing agreements that states the actual date they’re available:

“Coming Soon to Disney+. Due to existing agreements this title will be available July 30, 2020”

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I like that they’ve chosen to add a disclaimer to some older content rather than simply omitting it.

Some of the Disneyland episodes hosted by Walt are in there, listed under movies under their individual titles (like “Plausible Impossible”) and they’re in HD. The Mickey Mouse Club shows from the Disney Treasures tin are up, and so is the Treasures season of Spin & Marty. So, some nice stuff if you missed the Treasures DVD sets back in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks