What's new

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
It just doesn't make sense to me that the app hasn't been available yet.

Couldn't we have it loaded and been watching the trailers of coming content to avoid the inevitable crunch that's going to come?

I would have to agree....it is peculiar. I have some friends/work associates that work for or are recently retirees from Disney and even they are getting a bit spun up over the absence of the App.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It just doesn't make sense to me that the app hasn't been available yet.

Couldn't we have it loaded and been watching the trailers of coming content to avoid the inevitable crunch that's going to come?

Tomorrow is going to be fun, regardless. I'm hopeful it goes well, but...yeah.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I honestly can't think of another service that put its app up before the service even started, but I could be wrong.

I'm sure they would rather have people upset that they can't "play" with the app than have people confused why the app they just downloaded won't let them sign up.

Patience, my young Padawans...

Last edited:

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I honestly can't think of another service that put its app up before the service even started, but I could be wrong.

I'm sure they would rather have people upset that they can't "play" with the app than have people confused why the app they just downloaded won't let them sign up.

Patience, my young Padawans...

I agree. I don’t understand why people are nervous because the app isn’t available yet. It’s not just here either, I’ve seen people speculating on Reddit that it is a sign that something is wrong.

I can’t think of any service that launched its app ahead of the service launch date. There’s nothing to worry about, this is standard operating procedure. Downloading the app is not going to be an issue, it’s not even coming from Disney. Your download will come from whatever App Store you use, Apple, Android, Roku etc. They release apps all the time without problems, they’ve got plenty of server bandwidth to handle this launch.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Has there been bundle prices announced yet?

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I kinda appreciate that the 6am launch means that people won’t have to wake up with everything already being spoiled online.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
They are going to get a big boost in subs from that show alone. I would suspect that a good portion of initial subscriptions will be from SW fans wanting to see it. The trailer certainly makes the show look interesting. I'd be interested in watching it myself, but not if I have to subscribe to Disney+ just to see it. I don't even know if Disney+ is going to be available in Canada. They never made their "Movies Anywhere" service available up here.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The time it starts isn’t exactly breaking news.
Disneyplus.com has had a countdown timer on there for weeks maybe longer.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
They are going to get a big boost in subs from that show alone. I would suspect that a good portion of initial subscriptions will be from SW fans wanting to see it. The trailer certainly makes the show look interesting. I'd be interested in watching it myself, but not if I have to subscribe to Disney+ just to see it. I don't even know if Disney+ is going to be available in Canada. They never made their "Movies Anywhere" service available up here.

It was posted only a handful of posts back what countries will have it at launch. Canada included.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Which Star Wars films?
There are several, but I mainly took a look at the original trilogy (IV, V, VI).

Also, my info regarding Dolby Vision came from a screenshot posted elsewhere. On my Apple TV it's showing as HDR10.

EDIT: Episodes 1-7 and Rogue One are all in 4K.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks