What's new

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I wonder if they'll consider a bundle of just Disney+ and Hulu. I have zero interest in ESPN.

I agree. But I think, if you paid for Disney+ monthly and Hulu monthly, it would still be more than $12.99 total. So whether ESPN is there or not, that price is still a bargain whether or not you used ESPN.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I wonder if they'll consider a bundle of just Disney+ and Hulu. I have zero interest in ESPN.

Doubt it. Simply put, they need people like you to pitch in your extra few bucks to keep the price lower (and therefore more attractive) for those who want it.

HBO Max, the ball's in your court...

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I am so opposed to paying for streaming of ESPN that I might be dumb enough to purchase Disney+ and Hulu individually so as not to have it. It looks like the bundle only includes the "with commercials" version of Hulu and I'm already on the commercial-free plan. I'm certainly happy to continue paying the extra dollar a month or whatever it is to not have commercials.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I agree. But I think, if you paid for Disney+ monthly and Hulu monthly, it would still be more than $12.99 total. So whether ESPN is there or not, that price is still a bargain whether or not you used ESPN.

The question I have is what will become of Hulu+Live TV, which includes ESPN. If you added Disney+ that would be $52. It seems like many will dump it in favor of this new bundle...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Give me a bundle with the following and I'd drop cable tomorrow:
  • Hulu + Live TV: $40
  • No Streaming Commercials: Add $4
  • Enhanced Cloud DVR: Add $15
  • Disney+: Add $6.99
    =============================
  • Total: $65.99/mo
I'm currently paying $54.99/mo for the "Action & Entertainment" package on FiOS, plus another $4.99/mo to rent the CableCARD. So for an extra $6 a month, it'd be a no brainer.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Give me a bundle with the following and I'd drop cable tomorrow:
  • Hulu + Live TV: $40
  • No Streaming Commercials: Add $4
  • Enhanced Cloud DVR: Add $15
  • Disney+: Add $6.99
    =============================
  • Total: $65.99/mo

The current price for all that is $67.97/mo ;)

Hulu w/no ads + Live TV $50.99
Enhanced Cloud DVR $9.99
Disney+ $6.99

If you can get by with the regular DVR that comes with it, you can get it all for $57.98. Put up with Hulu ads and you're down to $51.98.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I have Hulu w commercials for $1 a month until next January.

Don’t care about espn and might not care about Hulu after this one expires.

So probably just getting that D+

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
The question I have is what will become of Hulu+Live TV, which includes ESPN. If you added Disney+ that would be $52. It seems like many will dump it in favor of this new bundle...

ESPN+ is not the same as the ESPN you get through a TV subscription. ESPN+ does not include the channels, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, ESPN U, SEC Network, etc.

ESPN+ is basically what used to be called ESPN 3, the online video content that use to be free with TV subscriptions. They just started making everyone pay extra for it even if you had a TV subscription.

I’m a sports fan but mostly just baseball, football, basketball and golf. I tried ESPN+ for a few months last year and it didn’t add much value for those sports. I hardly touched it so I have no interest in the service anymore.

With no option to include Hulu without ads, this bundle is worthless to me. Not to mention I have no interest in ESPN+. I’ll glad pay for Disney+ and Hulu without ads separately. Try again Disney. Give me a option with no ads for around $16 and I’ll bite.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
A43C3C6B-D3C9-455B-80B9-EFCD3611BD81.jpeg

It's worth noting - in the original article I posted, Iger says the service will start with 300 movies then grow to 400.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’m ok. Not angry even a little bit.

That image came from something and is pretty important info.
Why not just include where it came from?

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Where’d you get that from and why not just include that instead of having us badger you for the source.

That was totally unnecessary.

Source? Just curious where this came from because we know it will not include their entire library, at least not at launch. Some movies are still under contract to Netflix.

And that was asking like a gentleman, so I am happy to repost the link...

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...bundle-subscription-disney-hulu-espn-bob-iger

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Sorry I hurt your feelings.
Wouldn’t it have been just as easy to post the link in the first place.
I’m just confused as to why one would have to ask you for the link.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks