What's new

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (2 Viewers)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’ve said it before, but I don’t want or need more streaming services. But $70 annually is really close to my “don’t care” cost, so I’ll probably get it. Three movies and it pays for itself.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I don't know how you can write an article with 'Disney vs. Apple' as your subject and not point out that the CEO of Disney also sits on the board of Apple...

Because they recuse themselves for conflicts of interest when discussions of competing products come up? This is standard and requires.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Because they recuse themselves for conflicts of interest when discussions of competing products come up? This is standard and requires.

Him recusing himself hasn't stopped the talk in the press that he still may need to step down, just as Eric Schmidt once did. It's a hot enough topic of interest that I think a mention of the issue would have been reasonable.

A recent interview:

DAVID FABER: The Apple board. It's another thing I just was curious about. Can you stay on that board?

BOB IGER: Well, obviously, when you sit on the board of a publicly traded company, you have to be very mindful or your fiscal responsibilities to the shareholders of that company, and I have been. When the business of direct-to-consumer television or movies is discussed on the Apple board, I recuse myself from those discussions. I'm not at the point where I, you know, I believe it's problematic, but it could become that and it's something that I have to continue to monitor.

Or...

03CA92C7-DFF9-4E9C-AE1C-9DF378209B37.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks