What's new

Dish Network on 2 TVs (1 Viewer)

Scott_Wo

Auditioning
I now have a dish network systems with 2 receivers. In my basement I have my home theatre set up and have a dish receiever hooked up to my TV with an S-video connection. I'm finishing another room in the basement that will be an exercise room and want to have a TV that is hooked up to dish in there. I'm wondering if I can split the S-video line? If not, what is the best way to hook this up. It's about 30 feet from the other TV. Can I hook the other TV up with a coax line and have both S-video and the coax hooked up at the same time? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

rodney wiley

Second Unit
Will there be a time when both tv's you spoke about will be viewed at the same time? If so a multiswitch and extra receiver will be your best bet. E-bay has receivers for under 50.00 and swithces in the same range. Its a simple hook up but it will add another 5bucks to your bill.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
Hmmm...

My Dish receiver has two s-video outs...

Assuming yours does NOT... you can split s-video, but you generally want to amplify when you do that. You can get a Y/C Distribution Amp for a couple hundred dollars...

If you do NOT have two y/c outs and quality is not of the highest importance on the second set, then use the composite or coax out. All outputs should be able to be active at once.

Scott_Wo

Auditioning
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll probably just run a coax line to the other TV and the s-video to the main TV since it looks like that will work. I'm trying to keep the costs low. I have 2 receivers already so I don't really want to get another one. It doesn't need to be high quality for the extra room. It's going to be a home gym and I'm not sure how much use it'll get anyway. Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks