What's new

DISH 6000 & HDTV question (1 Viewer)

Tim Sly

Stunt Coordinator
Do I need another STB besides the DISH 6000 to view HDTV on my Toshiba 56x81 RPTV?
This language from DISH's Showtime HD page makes me wonder...
Description: To take advantage of high definition television (HDTV) programming, customers must have an IRD Receiver Model 5000 with an HD adapter or a Model 6000 with the HD adapter built in. They must also have a television with a built in High Definition decoder or they must purchase an external decoder to attach to their television. Please note these television decoders will not be available through DISH Network but will be sold by the television manufacturer or consumer electronics retailer.
------------------
Tim Sly
Pics of My Dedicated HT with the TW56X81

Timmy

Stunt Coordinator
Buy the straight 6000 and you can receive HDTV programming from Dish Networks 61.5 antenna.
Add the Dish Network 8VSB option module, connect it to an outside TV antenna and display local HDTV broadcasts as well.
The basic Dish 6000 receiver has an HDTV decoder for Dish broadcasts; the 8VSB option module adds a decoder (STB) for local OTA HDTV (and non-hdtv) channels
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks