What's new

Disc problem on SD5700 (1 Viewer)

Dave_Edmo

Auditioning
I just recently upgraded my DVD player to the progressive 5700. I have been playing it constantly and came across a problem with one DVD. I tried to watch Gladiator and kept getting a disc error. I tried the accompaning "extra" DVD and it played. The problem disc plays okay in my Tosh sd3205 and was wondering if there might be a problem with the 5700?

I have cleaned the DVD and cannot figure out why the 5700 cant read it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

JonBouche

Agent
Dave,

I bought a 4700 the first of this year and had the same type of issue. Opened 2 brand new discs and froze on one and wouldn't play the other at all. Put them both in my Pioneer Elite player and didn't miss a beat.

Toshiba is somewhat known for having this problem in their players. I had the same problem after about a year of owning a Tosh 3109, which is what caused me to buy the Pioneer.

For this reason, I took back the 4700 and Toshiba's are off of my list of potential players for awhile. I would take it back if you can and get something else. IMHO they are a POC!

Dave_Edmo

Auditioning
Thanks Jon.

I think I will try a brand new Gladiator disc and see what happens before I decide to return the 5700.

I purchased the 5700 in hopes that it would be the right fit for my new Tosh 65hx81. I have been reading that the progressive processor will be better than the internal one on my 65hx81. I can say that there is very little visual difference and might just go back to using the Tosh sd3205, which has worked fine for over a year now.

Is there anyone that has noticed a dramatic difference in picture using the progressive player over a Tosh cinema series internal processor?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks