What's new

DirecTV Picture Interference (1 Viewer)

Louisp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Louis Patrick
Has any other DirecTV HD customer experienced this particular interference:

Occasionaly when a car grill, picket fense or intense gentlemens tie is displayed the above areas may shimmer, bleed or otherwise be displayed incorrectly.

Thanks,
L

David Judah

Screenwriter
How do you have your satellite box connected to the TV? If it's the box, then changing to a different kind of connection can sometimes help. It may be the TV or the signal, however, in which case there is little you can do.

My TV has problems(moire)occasionally with plaid and checker patterns on clothes.

DJ

Adil M

Supporting Actor
Not much you can do.
The Directv signal is compressed and of low resolution.
The comb filter in your tv is doing the best it can, but w/ low resolution and certain patterns the mind plays tricks on the eyes.
It might be somewhat improved w/ an outboard scaler, but it depends on the integration ability of the product.

Louisp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Louis Patrick
Please help me better understand what an "outboard scaler" is and if something like this is commonly available.

Thanks,
LP

Adil M

Supporting Actor
Something like a "DVDO Iscan HD+" which is 1199.
Again, this may help, but probably will not completely remove the issue.
I believe DirecTV was launching some satellites to help add and rearrange their HDTV channels which may free up some space an minimize compression. I doubt it.
W/ Directv the pay per view channels usually look the best.
The premium channels are next. The locals are usually the worst and ESPN is pretty crappy, but has an alternative in HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks