What's new

Question about Inteference Patterns (1 Viewer)

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
I just bought a new Philips 32" CRT this past weekend.

I'm seeing what I'm guessing is an interference pattern- faint horizontal lines in the picture. They are most noticeable around the sides of the TV where each line starts to curve in a radial pattern.

Is this, in fact, an inteference pattern? I'm seeing it no matter which input I use- component (with DVD player hooked up), or through S-Video with my DirecTV receiver.

I didn't see this issue at all with my previous TV (a 27" Panasonic) hooked up with the exact same setup.

Any tips on how to get rid of it?

Chad B

Stunt Coordinator
I'd bet they are caused by incorrect voltage to the CRT. It's an adjustment that's done at the factory. It's hard to tell without seeing it in person, but I've seen lines like what you describe that were caused by this. If I were in your shoes, I'd take it back and get it replaced. I do have a service manual for a 34" Philips CRT HDTV that should be very similar to your model. If it would be of any help to you, let me know.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the advice, Chad. After disconnecting all audio/video connection and still seeing the faint pattern on a blank screen I was definitely leaning toward it being an issue in the TV itself. Looks like I'll be exchanging it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks