What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (4 Viewers)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Not sure about Amazon, but iTunes has the director's cut, and it goes on sale at times for $4.99 - - I bought it 3 years ago for that price. I tend to avoid buying streaming copies on Amazon, as it's difficult to know what you will get. And I am a long time Prime member.
Yeah, the only movies I will buy on Prime Video would need to be Movies Anywhere eligible. Non-MA titles I usually purchase on Apple TV now that FAH is becoming even more of a hassle to deal with lately.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
……. I tend to avoid buying streaming copies on Amazon, as it's difficult to know what you will get. And I am a long time Prime member.

And I would also avoid renting movies from them too. I’ve rented movies on Amazon only to find they thought they should censor or edit something for me. Either provide the full movie or just don’t offer it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’m guessing that Kingpin and the unrated version are two separate purchases and not included as an extra?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I’m guessing that Kingpin and the unrated version are two separate purchases and not included as an extra?
The theatrical version is in 4K/Dolby Vision and doesn't have the "R" rated version as an extra. The "R" rated version is HD and it doesn't have the theatrical version as an extra.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Universal rewards gave back the 1000 points that were removed for the one 500 points movie the were supposed to remove.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Universal rewards gave back the 1000 points that were removed for the one 500 points movie the were supposed to remove.
huh-rabbit.gif

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Haven't seen anyone in this thread discuss a possible interpretation of the story:

it's all in Evelyn's head and none of the multiverse events actually happen.

When I see the film a 2nd time, I'll pay closer attention to the potential nods in that direction, and maybe there are bits in the movie that rule out this possibility.

Based on my impression of the movie one time through, though, I think it's entirely possible.

I’m someone who felt about Swiss Army Man the way Paul Schrader felt about this movie, but this movie I enjoyed a lot. Yes, it’s a bit of an assault on the senses, but for those of us who grew up on comics, Futurama and Douglas Adams, the concepts themselves aren’t that hard to grasp. I also felt a twinge of Dave Made a Maze, but I’m sure that’s coincidence.

A handleful of MA movies are showing up on Amazon video for free including
Nightnare on Elm St
Earnest Saves Christmas
You, Me and Dupree
The Fugitive
A Christmas Story
the Replacements

None seem to movie over to ITunes in 4K and they will likely never get upgraded since your getting them on Amazon.

2001 did come to iTunes as 4k for me. Ernest, Replacements, Dupree, Fugitive are HD. The others I already have.

Looks like this was a one-day deal or a pricing error, as the movies have all reverted back to regular price.

Looks like the movies from Amazon were removed from accounts today. Mine are gone and I'm hearing the same thing on Reddit.

Probably a pricing error.

Mine seem to have been disappeared from my iTunes recents

View attachment 218510

From last week.
one movie was a Universal movie.
They give you points for purchases, usually 500 for each one.

After Amazon revoked all of those free movies Universal for one, also revoked the points but for many people Universal removed double or triple the points.

For me the removed 1000 points instead of 500.
Today they gave me back 1000 to fix the error.
The reason for the points refund was incorrect in the email they sent me but it still works for the purpose of the points being adjusted.

IMG_4314.jpeg

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
From last week.
one movie was a Universal movie.
They give you points for purchases, usually 500 for each one.

After Amazon revoked all of those free movies Universal for one, also revoked the points but for many people Universal removed double or triple the points.

For me the removed 1000 points instead of 500.
Today they gave me back 1000 to fix the error.
The reason for the points refund was incorrect in the email they sent me but it still works for the purpose of the points being adjusted.

I'm assuming what they meant to say was that when multiple retailers processed the "refund", it caused Universal's system to see that as multiple transactions and subtract points several times.

At least that makes more sense than their Wal-Mart explanation. I'm pretty sure Vudu consolidated all of the Wal-Mart accounts months ago.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
There's a decent Fanflix sale on with all of the Star Trek movies and other Paramount sci-fi and there's a coupon code (PHASERS10) for 10% off your final order but don't be fooled as I was. I checked a few movies to see where they could be redeemed and they all said "Apple" and "Vudu" so I went through and bought some. Well two of the movies I didn't check and they're Vudu only redemptions. I wouldn't have bought them otherwise.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
There's a decent Fanflix sale on with all of the Star Trek movies and other Paramount sci-fi and there's a coupon code (PHASERS10) for 10% off your final order but don't be fooled as I was. I checked a few movies to see where they could be redeemed and they all said "Apple" and "Vudu" so I went through and bought some. Well two of the movies I didn't check and they're Vudu only redemptions. I wouldn't have bought them otherwise.
I got bit by that same issue during a previous Fanflix sale

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
iTunes has a Woody Allen 8 film bundle on sale for $9.99. Too good to pass up for me. Only caveat, Anything Else is in the wrong aspect ratio, it’s 1.78:1 when it should be 2.35:1.

included:
Anything Else
Bullets Over Broadway
Celebrity
Curse of the Jade Scorpion
Everyone Says I Love You
Hollywood Ending
Mighty Aphrodite
Small Time Crooks

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
iTunes has a Woody Allen 8 film bundle on sale for $9.99. Too good to pass up for me. Only caveat, Anything Else is in the wrong aspect ratio, it’s 1.78:1 when it should be 2.35:1.

included:
Anything Else
Bullets Over Broadway
Celebrity
Curse of the Jade Scorpion
Everyone Says I Love You
Hollywood Ending
Mighty Aphrodite
Small Time Crooks
At least I also have the DVD in its correct AR.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattbuffalo
Recent bookmarks