What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (4 Viewers)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Ben-Hur (1959) $4.99 on iTunes. I thought I had this to stream but seems I did not. No 4K yet.

Other films on sale for$4.99

The Greatest Story Ever Told
Jesus of Nazareth
The Song of Bernadette
Samson and Delilah
Lilies of The Field
Mary Madalene
The Bible
The Nun's Story ( Soon on blu ray)
King David

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
cHeck your library for Ben Hur.
There seems to be two of them on iTunes for the ‘59.

I have one but when I go to the Ben Hur page there is another one available to purchase.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Ben-Hur (1959) $4.99 on iTunes. I thought I had this to stream but seems I did not. No 4K yet.

Other films on sale for$4.99

The Greatest Story Ever Told
Jesus of Nazareth
The Song of Bernadette
Samson and Delilah
Lilies of The Field
Mary Madalene
The Bible
The Nun's Story ( Soon on blu ray)
King David

A couple more Biblical movies I picked up from iTunes are made-for-TV films from the 1970's - The Story of Jacob & Joseph, and The Story of David.

I'm not sure about the running time for Jesus of Nazareth. The first Blu-ray release was missing the part where Judas leaves the Last Supper and goes to betray Jesus. A subsequent (Spanish) Blu-ray had the scene restored, but they had to splice in an SD version. No one knows why the Judas betrayal scene was excised in the first place. I suspect the digital version is missing the scene.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
A couple more Biblical movies I picked up from iTunes are made-for-TV films from the 1970's - The Story of Jacob & Joseph, and The Story of David.

I'm not sure about the running time for Jesus of Nazareth. The first Blu-ray release was missing the part where Judas leaves the Last Supper and goes to betray Jesus. A subsequent (Spanish) Blu-ray had the scene restored, but they had to splice in an SD version. No one knows why the Judas betrayal scene was excised in the first place. I suspect the digital version is missing the scene.

Yeah, aware of the debacle with JESUS OF NAZARETH.

I have the Spanish version which is the most complete version. The iTunes release runs shorter than that, so it's edited.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I had three Warner HD digitals that I purchased on iTunes finally upgraded to HDX on Vudu after being in SD for years.

In Name Only
Fort Dobbs
Lone Star (1952)

A fourth title indicated it upgraded to HD too, but when playback, the only thing that Vudu file plays is the trailer and it's in SD. There is no movie in that file.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I had three Warner HD digitals that I purchased on iTunes finally upgraded to HDX on Vudu after being in SD for years.

In Name Only
Fort Dobbs
Lone Star (1952)

A fourth title indicated it upgraded to HD too, but when playback, the only thing that Vudu file plays is the trailer and it's in SD. There is no movie in that file.
There are many titles that users are finding to be mislabeled as HDX on FAH lately, only to find that they only playback in SD.

Zathras

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
I've been meaning to add Robocop (1986) to my collection (upgrading from my old Criterion DVD) and noticed that Amazon Video currently has a digital version (HD) for $7.99 (regular price $14.99). Does anyone know if this version on Amazon is the "uncut" or "unrated" version? And any idea of what source material it's based on? Prior blu-ray releases have been mixed quality, although the 2019 Arrow blu ray version seems pretty good and I'm hoping that's what this is based on.

The runtime of the $7.99 digital version shows as 102 minutes, which is a little concerning because I think the uncut version is actually 103 minutes. I wish Amazon would be much more explicit about the specific source material they use for the digital versions they sell. I've been pretty disappointed with some of my other Amazon digital video purchases and I'm getting more wary about it.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I've been meaning to add Robocop (1986) to my collection (upgrading from my old Criterion DVD) and noticed that Amazon Video currently has a digital version (HD) for $7.99 (regular price $14.99). Does anyone know if this version on Amazon is the "uncut" or "unrated" version? And any idea of what source material it's based on? Prior blu-ray releases have been mixed quality, although the 2019 Arrow blu ray version seems pretty good and I'm hoping that's what this is based on.

The runtime of the $7.99 digital version shows as 102 minutes, which is a little concerning because I think the uncut version is actually 103 minutes. I wish Amazon would be much more explicit about the specific source material they use for the digital versions they sell. I've been pretty disappointed with some of my other Amazon digital video purchases and I'm getting more wary about it.
Not sure about Amazon, but iTunes has the director's cut, and it goes on sale at times for $4.99 - - I bought it 3 years ago for that price. I tend to avoid buying streaming copies on Amazon, as it's difficult to know what you will get. And I am a long time Prime member.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Lots of Trek on sale in iTunes...

ST: Picard Complete Series ($24.99)
Lower Decks Season 4 ($14.99)
Strange New Worlds Season 2 ($9.99)
The Next Generation Complete Series ($49.99)
The Original Series ($29.99)
Discovery Seasons 1-4 ($39.99)
Voyager Complete Series ($39.99)
Deep Space Nine Complete Series ($79.99)
The Animated Series Complete Series ($29.99)

Some of these are lowest price as far as I can tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks