What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Are there ANY 4K tv series available on iTunes?
Ghosts US Season 1 is tagged 4K. Season 2 HD on iTunes. Both on sale for $9.99 each.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Ghosts US Season 1 is tagged 4K. Season 2 HD on iTunes. Both on sale for $9.99 each.
Actually both are HD only on iTunes. It’s 4K on Paramount +.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
1707850871905.jpeg

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I see 4K listed when you click on the individual Ghosts Season 1 episodes. Could be an error.
I bought Season 1 on VUDU when it was $6.99 and Season 1 was still being broadcast so I can't confirm what is available on iTunes.

https://tv.apple.com/us/episode/pilot/umc.cmc.5u89nxzuh2wxfoz46gi5q0zj4

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I see 4K listed when you click on the individual Ghosts Season 1 episodes. Could be an error.
I bought Season 1 on VUDU when it was $6.99 and Season 1 was still being broadcast so I can't confirm what is available on iTunes.

https://tv.apple.com/us/episode/pilot/umc.cmc.5u89nxzuh2wxfoz46gi5q0zj4

AppleTV app/UI is basically "broken" -- seems like some huge design flaw w/ how their aggregator works.

It's also very annoying for foreign language films w/ subs vs dubs (when they sell a dub-only version) -- I've mistakenly bought the wrong/dubbed version a couple times because of that in the past (when they first tried to force us to use it for purchases last year)...

_Man_

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
iTunes has the 1976 and 2005 versions of King Kong for $4.99 each. 1976 listed as 4K Dolby Vision. 2005 listed as 4K HDR10+.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Sort of a digital deal.
I opened up the Atv app on my Atv4K and was offered 3 free months.
A previous 3 free months from Best Buy just expired so this was nice.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Sort of a digital deal.
I opened up the Atv app on my Atv4K and was offered 3 free months.
A previous 3 free months from Best Buy just expired so this was nice.
Hope they don't try to cheat you out of that. I had what was supposed to be a 3-month trial of Apple Music, but when I tried to redeem it, it was only for one month because I was a prior subscriber.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
It’s there for three months.
under subscriptions it gives the date of the next $10 charge as May

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Be aware that many of the older Sony 4K titles in that sale may be missing any form of HDR (and possibly Dolby Atmos) so do your homework first.

I was interested in STARMAN and another title (as it's 2 for $10). Would STARMAN be okay? Wil it port to Apple TV?

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I was interested in STARMAN and another title (as it's 2 for $10). Would STARMAN be okay? Wil it port to Apple TV?
I just redeemed my code that came with the Columbia Classics set, and it redeemed as 4K. I checked Apple TV, and it is in Dolby Vision, but only 5.1 audio (no Atmos - which when I post my review later today you will see is excellent).

As usual with Sony titles, on Movies Anywhere it is HDR10 and 5.1, while Vudu is 4K SDR and 5.1. Vudu's transfer also appears to be an older one, prior to the version created for the Columbia Classics set.

Why Sony is so inconsistent with their titles when it comes to 4K digital is a mystery.

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I just redeemed my code that came with the Columbia Classics set, and it redeemed as 4K. I checked Apple TV, and it is in Dolby Vision, but only 5.1 audio (no Atmos - which when I post my review later today you will see is excellent).

As usual with Sony titles, on Movies Anywhere it is HDR10 and 5.1, while Vudu is 4K SDR and 5.1. Vudu's transfer also appears to be an older one, prior to the version created for the Columbia Classics set.

Why Sony is so inconsistent with their titles when it comes to 4K digital is a mystery.

Thanks for looking at STARMAN, Todd. Looks like I will be sitting this title out, at least for the moment, until (or if) Sony upgrades it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks