What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (5 Viewers)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
As others have already stated, there tends to be a lot of "This could happen" doomsday predictions, but I have never seen any of those actually happen. When you buy something, it's still there even if Apple stops selling it.

Yeah, much more likely for a disc to rot/go bad than that... although there's the very remote chance that Apple someday decides this bizz is just not big/profitable enough for them and they sell it off or completely terminate it (and probably offer at least partial refund to minimize the backlash).

The more likely real issue is the content could get altered/"upgraded" in undesirable ways instead, including having stuff like HDR10/DV/Atmos dropped (probably temporarily) or Paramount's (ahem) "upgrades" to their latest "immaculate" master/transfer, LOL...

Basically, if something's important enough to you (and you're very particular about the PQ/AQ... or in this case, potential reediting for censorship), then make sure you have a good disc of whatever as well and not rely solely on the digital...

_Man_

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The whole iTunes / Music / TV thing is kind of a mess to navigate (I'm sure you all realize this already LOL).

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
The whole iTunes / Music / TV thing is kind of a mess to navigate (I'm sure you all realize this already LOL).

Hahaha... yeah... They also apparently messed up my own (iTunes) library of ripped music too. I tried to avoid merging my library w/ theirs (for Apple Music), but I suspect someone in my family went ahead and did the merge on me (probably using our primary/shared account on his/her iPhone) anyway, so now, my own ripped library in iTunes/iOS has been messed up somewhat... :rolleyes:

I may have to figure out the best way to switch my iPhone to my own dedicated AppleID account just for the music side and then reorg my ripped library accordingly...

_Man_

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Come on man, those Arrow sales don’t count any more. They have them constantly and all the same exact titles.
I'm sure there are folks who may have missed previous sales. There's nothing wrong with a little PSA, is there? Come on, man.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I was expecting some classic movies on sale from itunes. ?? :confused: My wish list titles are still $13.00 and $15.00. :( Just those Arrow titles for $2.99 for Black Friday ? :rolleyes:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Well, they did put a whole lot on sale last week (starting 11/17?)... though maybe not the variety of interest to some of us -- I actually bought like 20 or so of those titles myself (w/ maybe 1/2 of them either never been $5 or haven't been in last couple years since I started buying)... :P:D:cool:

And looks like most/all of those are still on sale right now, so I guess that was probably meant to cover the entire BF week-plus period...

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
FWIW, of the ones that interested me, at least 4 or 5 look like pretty good animes (plus Shin Godzilla) that dropped to $5 for 1st time, so yeah, might not be of interest to some of you... One thing, the change to CheapCharts that redirects to the ATV app instead of iTunes caused problems for buying subtitled versions of those animes -- it apparently kept redirecting me to the dubbed version, and the iPhone's ATV app doesn't make clear which version I'm buying and even seemed quite misleading (as if to indicate I'm getting both versions w/ one purchase, but apparently not)...

Some other repeat $5 titles I finally bought include Wayne's World -- 1st time after its 4K upgrade. IF not for the $8 BB BF deal on Addams Family 4K disc, I probably woulda gone for the $5 4K digital as well -- again, 1st time since the 4K upgrade.

Night Shift seems to be $5 for 1st time -- or at least 1st time for current, nearly 4-yo listing/version anyway -- and I did take a quick look-see to verify it looks pretty good and might well be same source as the WAC BD.

Not sure if Evil Under the Sun (1982) is a recent release (from May), but this current listing/version dropped to $5 for 1st time.

BTW, not crazy about the latest change to the CheapCharts app re: the "You may also like..." section at the bottom of each title's detailed page -- they got rid of all the ratings info, which I found helpful for such.

_Man_

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
DADF29F6-97A3-49F5-B1AC-385FB2ADD9A2.jpeg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Before they get rid of iTunes app., I know one thing, Apple needs to fix their AppleTV app so people like me can pull up their library on their AppleTV devices. I can't pull up my libraries using the AppleTV app on none of my second or third generation 4KAppleTV units.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
One more thing, what's weird is that I can pull up my libraries using the AppleTV app on my mobile devices like my iPhone and iPad.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Before they get rid of iTunes app., I know one thing, Apple needs to fix their AppleTV app so people like me can pull up their library on their AppleTV devices. I can't pull up my libraries using the AppleTV app on none of my second or third generation 4KAppleTV units.

That and their ATV app seems incapable of letting you choose which version of a title to buy (or even playback unless directly from one's Library listing) if there are 2 -- that seems to be the case for at least some foreign films that apparently have separate listings/versions for dubbed and original language (w/ subs).

_Man_

mark-edk

Second Unit
I have a 2nd gen in the bedroom and the 3rd gen in the main viewing room, and both show and play my movie/tv and audio libraries - both purchased items and others I have created myself. Are you sure you haven't overlooked a setting somewhere? That said, I have seen this complaint elsewhere along with suggestions like sign out of home sharing then sign back in (either on the computer, or on ATV, or both). I can't vouch for that as home sharing just works for me (other than the gen 2 now and then needing a reboot to show it who's boss).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks