What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (1 Viewer)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Oh well. Just bit on this deal. It was $31.96 this morning. Now down to $24.95. With the $15 BB gift card with $100 iTunes purchase it basically brings down the price to $5.31 each. ;)
Yay. Patience is a virtue. $6.25 each is a great deal! And to answer Robert’s question "Are people really trying to defend iTunes?" You bet I am! I still find 20+ sale items a month to buy. For iTunes the "Essential Holiday 4-Film Bundle" is $6.25 per each in 4K where Vudu only has the HD versions on sale and is still charging full price for the 4K versions.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Oh well. Just bit on this deal. It was $31.96 this morning. Now down to $24.95. With the $15 BB gift card with $100 iTunes purchase it basically brings down the price to $5.31 each. ;)
I picked up the set too. I had the discs and sent them back. I really thought they’d drop down below $20.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Didn’t you buy it last week at the higher price tho? Patience young Padawan. ;)
I bought it for $35. I wasn’t sure if it would drop any lower and I wanted to watch the new transfers this year. I know sales on iTunes can be feast or famine. At any rate a lot cheaper than $20+ each as the discs are still priced that way.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Anyone run into single titles just missing from the entire TV app "Movies" list? Apparently I had Rare Exports in my Library, but it doesn't show in that master list. I also just bought Good Will Hunting and that's not there either, but searchable. So it makes me wonder what else I'm not seeing...

Nevermind on Good Will Hunting. It showed up after I restarted the app. Not sure what the story is on Rare Exports though...

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
All the Planet of the Apes are $5 each.

9 movie set is $35

There doesn’t seem to be a set of the original 6 movies.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
All the Planet of the Apes are $5 each.

9 movie set is $35

There doesn’t seem to be a set of the original 6 movies.

At this point, I only care if they have the original in 4K -- I already have the (non-Burton) reboot ones in 4K... and don't care much about the old sequels though I'd consider them in a super bargain bundle (like $15 for all 6 combined w/ the original in 4K at least) I guess...

_Man_

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Is the original being offered in 4k? That would be the only one I would be interested in as well.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Nevermind on Good Will Hunting. It showed up after I restarted the app. Not sure what the story is on Rare Exports though...
On a hunch, I downloaded Rare Exports and let it sit for a few days and it appears to be in my library now. 🤷‍♂️

UPDATE: Well, that was kind of a short lived resolution. It is in my library as long as I have the download (makes sense), but if I remove the download it will no longer be listed, although I can do a search or access it through my history and watch it by streaming. I looked through my history of purchases a few times, and it doesn't show up there, which is the other oddity. So for some reason I have access to it, but no record of having purchased it. Obviously I like the movie well enough I should just buy the BD, so that will likely be my long term solution. I promise I am done talking about the issue now; thanks for indulging me :emoji_blush:

Last edited:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
These price drops are turning out to be a good litmus test of whether I want to upgrade from DVD or don't ever want to watch the movie again. I.e. Burton's Planet of the Apes, still haven't bought it; Say Anything and Swingers, no hesitation. :biggrin:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I enjoyed Burton’s POTA as a one off. Great Gary Oldman performance. Great makeup.
*shrug*
And it was a hit too. Grossing the equivalent of nearly $600 million WW in todays dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks