What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (3 Viewers)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
That's right! I just got notice that the Apple Card has shipped. However, I'm still awaiting the email with the BB card code.

Just curious. Was there a reason why you opted for the physical card over the email that gets sent to you?

It's funny. You are in the exact opposite situation I am in. Got the BB card sent email immediately and the Apple card 10 hours later.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just curious. Was there a reason why you opted for the physical card over the email that gets sent to you?

It's funny. You are in the exact opposite situation I am in. Got the BB card sent email immediately and the Apple card 10 hours later.
I mistakenly remember having an issue with Apple digital card promotion earlier this year with BB. I misremembered that it was the Apple card so I chose a physical card this time and thought the BB card would be physical too. Of course, the BB card is digital so I screwed up there because after checking my records, the issue I had earlier this year wasn't even with the Apple card being sent to me digitally, but instead it was the free BB gift card email with the digital codenot being sent to me. Like you, I spent a couple of hours on the phone with BB by being bounced around from one department to the next. They finally just sent my a physical BB gift card as they couldn't figure out why my digital BB gift card email wouldn't come to me.

I have a feeling the same freaking thing is going to happen again. I swear, I will never participate in another Apple gift card promotion again with Best Buy.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I mistakenly remember having an issue with Apple digital card promotion earlier this year with BB. I misremembered that it was the Apple card so I chose a physical card this time and thought the BB card would be physical too. Of course, the BB card is digital so I screwed up there because after checking my records, the issue I had earlier this year wasn't even with the Apple card being sent to me digitally, but instead it was the free BB gift card email with the digital codenot being sent to me. Like you, I spent a couple of hours on the phone with BB by being bounced around from one department to the next. They finally just sent my a physical BB gift card as they couldn't figure out why my digital BB gift card email wouldn't come to me.

I have a feeling the same freaking thing is going to happen again. I swear, I will never participate in another Apple gift card promotion again with Best Buy.
Well, I just got off the phone with BB. It lasted about 30 minutes and two different departments. They were about to escalate to their supervisor as to why I haven't received my free $20 BB Gift Card email with my digital code and that it might take up to 48 hours. At that point, I asked her if she could just send me a physical $20 BB Gift Card through the mail? She said yes, she can do that and that is option I went with.

Anybody else having issues with BB regarding this $100 Apple Gift Card with a free promotional $20 BB Gift Card?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Well, it seems like it's almost resolved.

I wish Costco would go back to selling these cards. It was such an effortless process with them.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, it seems like it's almost resolved.

I wish Costco would go back to selling these cards. It was such an effortless process with them.
This is the last time I purchase a gift card with a promotion from Best Buy. I had enough after three damn times with similar issues.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
We're getting closer to iTunes Christmas sale. It could happen on December 15th, but I'm more incline to think that December 22nd is most likely date as it's just before Christmas Day. Also, George Feltenstein noted on Warner Archive's 12-08-20 podcast that iTunes is going to have a big sale of Warner titles during that sale. I only wish George could confirm that iTunes will get Warner streams derived from the latest masters like HBO Max.:(

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I refilled (or rather overfilled) my Apple balance as I am anticipating buying quite a bit of iTunes movies within the next week.

As for the Warner transfers, I figure if not immediately, most will eventually be upgraded with the latest masters. I am assuming Warner is hesitant to confirm anything as not to hurt BD disc sales.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I refilled (or rather overfilled) my Apple balance as I am anticipating buying quite a bit of iTunes movies within the next week.

As for the Warner transfers, I figure if not immediately, most will eventually be upgraded with the latest masters. I am assuming Warner is hesitant to confirm anything as not to hurt BD disc sales.
Some of us like Mark and I have been waiting for years for that to happen and it hasn't when it comes to WA titles on iTunes.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Some of us like Mark and I have been waiting for years for that to happen and it hasn't when it comes to WA titles on iTunes.
Yep. Though when someone posed the question on the Warner Archive podcast, they pointed the finger at the digital retailers saying that the new transfers were available to them but they were choosing not to upgrade them. Personally I think there is a process that the studios do which will trigger a new file to be uploaded and that process is somehow escaping the folks at Warner Archive. The retailers aren't going to go looking for new files unless something prompts them to do so (like a huge batch of complaints).

I can honestly say, if Warner were to regularly upgrade their digital files at iTunes, I would pretty much stop buying WAC Blu-rays and just purchase digital. But for now the only disc purchases I'm still making are WAC and Kino.

Last edited:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Welcome back Patrick!:)

67514946-3AFE-4454-AE54-466FE794C37D.gif

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
There are so many ITunes titles that could be upgraded from SD to HD
Home From the Hill
The Boyfriend
Mame
The Illustrated Man
World the Flesh and the Devil
Billy Budd
A Patch of Blue
Inside Daisy Clover
Sunday in New York
A Touch of Class
Spencer’s Mountain
I would pay for the upgrade if given the opportunity.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
We're getting closer to iTunes Christmas sale. It could happen on December 15th, but I'm more incline to think that December 22nd is most likely date as it's just before Christmas Day. Also, George Feltenstein noted on Warner Archive's 12-08-20 podcast that iTunes is going to have a big sale of Warner titles during that sale. I only wish George could confirm that iTunes will get Warner streams derived from the latest masters like HBO Max.:(
After today's drop of titles, December 22nd is going to be the massive sale day at iTunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks