What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (2 Viewers)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I just checked the MA app and it says I purchased TGS in HD from iTunes. I did the “gift to myself” upgrade to 4K. Could that be the reason it didn’t port to vudu in UHD?

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I just checked the MA app and it says I purchased TGS in HD from iTunes. I did the “gift to myself” upgrade to 4K. Could that be the reason it didn’t port to vudu in UHD?
That happened with Backdraft for me so I am guessing the gifting process is the culprit. I loathe the hurdles Apple seems to always put in the way.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
That happened with Backdraft for me so I am guessing the gifting process is the culprit. I loathe the hurdles Apple seems to always put in the way.
Yes.

The gift to oneself doesn’t work towards porting over.
I think this was brought up before but got lost in the topic somewhere.

Maybe @Cranston37 can add it to the sticky.

Ah, ok, that makes sense now -- well, not so much the part where Apple's presenting obstacles for us to do paid upgrades of course.

I only tried the gifting trick twice (on separate occasions w/ upgrading Kick-Ass from my old SD DC), and just gave up on that. It just didn't work at all for me and doesn't seem worth the hassle again, especially since I found other more direct ways to do it.

Basically, just "delete" the old DC from iTunes, which actually just hides it (and can be "unhidden" if you change your mind), and it seems to let you buy the 4K version -- I use the Windows PC version of the iTunes program for this. That's what I ended up figuring out and doing w/ my Kick-Ass case (and I think one or two others since IIRC). Of course, Kick-Ass isn't MA-eligible, but this issue seems specific to the gifting trick.

_Man_

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
No. I checked blu Ray.com and saw that he was active today but hasn’t posted there since September.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Basically, just "delete" the old DC from iTunes, which actually just hides it (and can be "unhidden" if you change your mind), and it seems to let you buy the 4K version -- I use the Windows PC version of the iTunes program for this. That's what I ended up figuring out and doing w/ my Kick-Ass case (and I think one or two others since IIRC). Of course, Kick-Ass isn't MA-eligible, but this issue seems specific to the gifting trick.

_Man_

I just tried this with the Back to the Future Trilogy, and iTunes still will not let me buy the trilogy bundle in 4K for some reason.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I will check out the sale now.

By the way, for those looking to refill your iTunes accounts may I bring to your attention a very attractive Black Friday offer...

Best Buy is offering a $20 Gift Card with a $100 iTunes/Apple Card purchase (email delivery available)

EDIT: It doesn't look like the offer is active yet. It should be by the 26th.
This BB Apple Gift Card is active now.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I did the target one last evening and still waiting for them to email me the codes.

:angry:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I don't shop at either Best Buy or Target much, so I am hoping for something more along what was offered last year, with just 15% - 20% off the purchase of an iTunes card. I think that's what Amazon offered last year.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I pulled the trigger on this day before yesterday, and it took 24 hours almost to the minute for my code to show up. Very slow.
What's funny is my first couple of orders on early Sunday morning, I got my emails in 3.5 hours. I don't know because more people found out about the sale, it slowed down the code email process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks