What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (2 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Even though the Friday sales are just a bit wimpy this week, Paramount has a few good offerings.
The Strange Love of Martha Ivers
Elizabethtown
Vanilla Sky
(4K)
and a brand-new to iTunes title: With Six You Get Eggroll
all for $4.99 each.

Does anyone have an opinion on Accused of Murder? The clip looks intriguing but Maltin only gives it 2 stars so I don't know...
I bought the iTunes digital a year ago when iTunes had a bunch of Republic movies on sale for $4.99 each in September, 2019. I watched it on 09-09-19, it's an okay "B" film noir from Republic. My personal film score is around a 3.0, but I love these little films made during the film noir era.

I've been waiting for "The Strange Love of Martha Ivers" to drop in pricing for a long time now. It's one of my favorite Barbara Stanwyck movies so I immediately bought it this morning and I'm about done watching this HD digital. It looks better than the 2012 Filmchest BD.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I bought the iTunes digital a year ago when iTunes had a bunch of Republic movies on sale for $4.99 each in September, 2019. I watched it on 09-09-19, it's an okay "B" film noir from Republic. My personal film score is around a 3.0, but I love these little films made during the film noir era.

I've been waiting for "The Strange Love of Martha Ivers" to drop in pricing for a long time now. It's one of my favorite Barbara Stanwyck movies so I immediately bought it this morning and I'm about done watching this HD digital. It looks better than the 2012 Filmchest BD.
Okay, I bought Accused of Murder on your recommendation. It’s a color noir in Naturama, how can I possibly go wrong?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Okay, I bought Accused of Murder on your recommendation. It’s a color noir in Naturama, how can I possibly go wrong?
Did you buy "The Strange Love of Martha Ivers"? If not then that would've been the movie I purchased if I have to choose between the two of them.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Did you buy "The Strange Love of Martha Ivers"? If not then that would've been the movie I purchased if I have to choose between the two of them.

I was considering it, but noticed it's currently included on Amazon Prime (and I just happen to be subscribed this month), so if I get to it this weekend, I may watch it first before buying (for a change). Probably just buy it if I still don't get to before the sale ends...

Anyone know when these Friday sales usually end? Is it Sunday overnight or Monday? I only recall they're definitely gone by Tues...

_Man_

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I bought it blind based on your recommendation. I’m sure I’ll like it.
I hope you enjoy it as this was Kirk Douglas's film debut which must have been intimidating playing the husband of Martha/Stanwycyk. A wonderful cast with Van Heflin, Lizabeth Scott and Judith Anderson.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Complete Game of Thrones for $50. I was kind of planning to get the UHD set this fall, but that’s a good price.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Either I’ve forgotten it or never heard of M&L Never Too Young. $5
YOU'RE NEVER TOO YOUNG is one of my favorite Martin & Lewis films. Great Technicolor and Raymond Burr as a bad guy. It uses the general idea of THE MAJOR AND THE MINOR as Jerry has to disguise himself as a (very tall) 12 year old to hide out from Burr.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
YOU'RE NEVER TOO YOUNG is one of my favorite Martin & Lewis films. Great Technicolor and Raymond Burr as a bad guy. It uses the general idea of THE MAJOR AND THE MINOR as Jerry has to disguise himself as a (very tall) 12 year old to hide out from Burr.
That's another title I purchased yesterday. When I was a kid, I was a bigger Martin & Lewis fan, but I always liked this particular movie.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
That's another title I purchased yesterday. When I was a kid, I was a bigger Martin & Lewis fan, but I always liked this particular movie.

Just bought it. THE LADY EVE finally went on sale the other day, bought that too, and plan to watch it today.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks