General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Supporter
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
They do seem to be pretty rare. I have seasons 1 & 2 of Westworld on 4K disc, but I don't see them available for sale streaming in 4K anywhere that I've looked.

• Agreed
Reactions: Tino

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I’m regretting buying Psycho fro iTunes for $5.

lots of people selling the set for around $20
Yeah I bought the code for $16 private sale. Good deal.
I guess you guys didn't already have DCs from (some of) the old BDs?

Only thing stopping me from buying Psycho from iTunes (at that price) is I'm considering buying the 4K discs. But maybe I'll just go ahead anyway and sell or give away the future DC codes if and when I buy the discs -- I already have the free 4K upgraded DCs of Vertigo and Rear Window, but no Psycho nor Birds.

_Man_

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
My Psycho didn’t have a dc

I have the masterpiece collection of about 14 movies but it doesn’t have codes either

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Back to the Future bundle $14.99. A purchase now should get you a free 4K upgrade next month. Since my digital codes originally redeemed in SD, I intend to rebuy the bundle to qualify for the 4K upgrade.

Reactions: Sam Posten

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
I apparently redeemed my code at iTunes so if these get upgraded I should be good.
Universal still seems to be 50/50 on upgrades.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I apparently redeemed my code at iTunes so if these get upgraded I should be good.
Universal still seems to be 50/50 on upgrades.
Yeah, mine originally redeemed at ITunes but in SD, and even though Movies Anywhere bumped those redemptions up to HD, iTunes doesn’t count it as “their” HD redemption so they won’t upgrade to 4K.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
I'm thinking of buying the Lord of the Rings (Extended) Trilogy for $24.99 in anticipation of it coming out on 4K disc either later this year or early next year. The same with The Hobbit which isn't rumored for 4K release yet, but why wouldn't they release it too in 2021.

Reactions: Osato

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I'm thinking of buying the Lord of the Rings (Extended) Trilogy for $24.99 in anticipation of it coming out on 4K disc either later this year or early next year. The same with The Hobbit which isn't rumored for 4K release yet, but why wouldn't they release it too in 2021.
That may be a safe bet. I just read a rumor the other day from a Facebook 4k group that Warner is delaying the disc set until next year.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Seems like a relatively safe bet as Warner generally has no issues with 4K upgrades. There’s also a Middle Earth 6-film (extended editions) bundle for $44.95, though a couple of months ago is was $39.99.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
If they follow their release pattern for the DVDs and BDs, they will release the theatrical versions in 4K and wait quite awhile before releasing the extended versions for Lord of the Rings.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Seems like a relatively safe bet as Warner generally has no issues with 4K upgrades. There’s also a Middle Earth 6-film (extended editions) bundle for $44.95, though a couple of months ago is was $39.99.
Yeah, I took a look at its pricing history and I'm debating it. Ron's rumor about it being delayed until next year may cause me to wait too.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
If they follow their release pattern for the DVDs and BDs, they will release the theatrical versions in 4K and wait quite awhile before releasing the extended versions for Lord of the Rings.
Bill Hunt is saying they're working on both versions for 4K release which tells me there might be separate 4K releases.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Hopefully that's true and they don't follow their past pattern. I will not buy the theatrical versions of LOTR ever again.
Yup, the extended versions is my preference, plus, I already bought the theatrical versions from iTunes a long time ago so I'll be satisfied if they upgrade to 4K without me buying the discs.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Bill Hunt is saying their working on both versions for 4K release which tells me there might be separate 4K releases.

That's correct. I think it was conveyed from day one that it would be the Extended Editions. The theatrical editions may also be coming as well.

I would think that if Warner was releasing a 4k set by Christmas it would be announced already. However, again, I would only consider the information regarding a delay to be a rumor. It did appear on a 4k site.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatimabtneha