What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Some titles that caught my eye have either recently been released on Blu-ray or are coming out on Blu-ray in the near future:

• Tender Mercies $4.99 (Coming Soon on Blu-ray)
  • Ace in the Hole $4.99 (Criterion Blu-ray)
  • Slap Shot $4.99
  • Red River $4.99 (Criterion Blu-ray)
  • Tremors $4.99 (On Blu-ray)
  • The Remains of the Day $4.99
  • The Prince of Tides $4.99 (Released today on Criterion Blu-ray)
  • Manhunter $4.99 (First movie with Hannibal Lecktor character) (On Blu-ray)
  • Hollywoodland $4.99 (Coming Soon on Blu-ray)
  • Cry Freedom $4.99
  • Continental Divide $7.99 (Coming Soon on Blu-ray)
  • The Evil Dead $4.99 (4K/Dolby Vision) (On 4K Disc)
  • Private School $4.99 (Recently released on Blu-ray)
  • Children of a Lesser God $4.99
  • Munster Go Home! $4.99 (Recently released on Blu-ray)
  • Boyz N the Hood $4.99 (4K/Dolby Vision) (On 4K Disc)

Some of those titles I won't be buying, but I listed them because some of you might be interested in them.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm debating whether to buy "Uncut Gems" (4K/HDR/Atmos) and "Playing with Fire" (4K/HDR) for $9.99 each. Chances are I'll probably buy "Uncut Gems" and pass on "Playing with Fire". I'm still waiting on further prices drops for the following:

Ford v Ferrari $12.99
JoJo Rabbit $12.99
Spies in Disguise $14.99

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just canceled my Blu-ray order for FATAL ATTRACTION and went with the digital instead.

Should have jumped on ROMANCING THE STONE. I think it was $4.99 yesterday and now it's up to $7.99

Only new title I am waiting on is RICHARD JEWELL. That's got a long ride to go yet before it reaches $9.99 for 4k.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just canceled my Blu-ray order for FATAL ATTRACTION and went with the digital instead.

Should have jumped on ROMANCING THE STONE. I think it was $4.99 yesterday and now it's up to $7.99

Only new title I am waiting on is RICHARD JEWELL. That's got a long ride to go yet before it reaches $9.99 for 4k.
It's been $4.99 three different times this month.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It's been $4.99 three different times this month.

Yeah, noticed that.

I hesitated each time. I figured I would wait as I thought sale prices continued for a few days. I should not have hesitated. I will jump on it as soon as it goes back down again.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Not necessarily

You probably have a better experience price watching than I do. I have only been invested in this hobby for about three months now.

However, from what I have seen, it takes time for a new title to go from $19.95 to $14.95 to $9.95.

KNIVES OUT only went to $14.99 briefly before it jumped back up to $19.99.

So, I am hoping you have seen these new releases suddenly drop into the $10 category faster than expected.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Some new releases have gone to $9.99 3 weeks into release this year, so Richard Jewell can't be far off.

3 no-brainers this week: Ace in the Hole, Cinema Paradiso, and Red River...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Some new releases have gone to $9.99 3 weeks into release this year, so Richard Jewell can't be far off.

2 no-brainers this week: Ace in the Hole and Cinema Paradiso...

That is great news. Thank you, Tino and Cranston, for the information.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
One oddity about Knives Out - the only time it was $14.99 is when it started there on pre-order. It opened to a big box office weekend and the price went up to $19.99. I don't recall a pre-order price ever changing like that. It's been $19.99 since.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
will the new paramount discs for this one and to catch a thief have digital codes?

the airplane double feature dropped to $9.99.

You know what? When I saw your message I had to sit here and do some quick research on an answer.

It *seems* none of these Paramount titles come with a code. You have a choice of either buying it digitally or disc. Not both.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
You know what? When I saw your message I had to sit here and do some quick research on an answer.

It *seems* none of these Paramount titles come with a code. You have a choice of either buying it digitally or disc. Not both.

really?

is the digital 4k as they did with Beverly Hills cop?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
really?

is the digital 4k as they did with Beverly Hills cop?

Let's put it this way...

There is no evidence in the press release or even Amazon listings that digital code is included.

I would assume they are using the same 4k masters they have been using for the digital releases for the discs.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
A word of caution, "The Blues Brothers" is on sale for $7.99, but it's the theatrical cut. Right now, the 4K disc release is indicating the extended version will be in 4K/UHD. I haven't seen any indication that the theatrical cut will be on 4K disc too in that format. Which means iTunes might not be giving a free 4K upgrade to that version of the film. Hell, I prefer the extended cut anyhow so I'm going to wait to see if it ever goes on sale at iTunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks