What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I had Frogtown on my list of movies to see for years.
Listened to a podcast called How Did This Get Made that talked about it.

was really hoping for a it’s so bad it’s good but it was just bad.

It’s available for free on one of the streaming services. I think it’s on Tubi.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I thought Winterbone was really good. Black Snake Moan is an okay film in which I can see why some people wouldn't like it.
Like I said in my followup, I started having second thoughts about recommending Black Snake Moan. I recall now that the first time I saw it, I just thought it was kind of weird, but it stuck with me and now I've watched it a few more times. I have a fondness for stories about broken people coming together and making each other's lives better. Think A Love Song for Bobby Long.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Not exactly bargains but Birds of Prey is for sale now at $20 and Bloodshot also for $20.
Both are up from what I gather much earlier then they were supposed to be.

Bloodshot is based off a very good comic from back in the 90’s.
Stars Vin.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Not exactly bargains but Birds of Prey is for sale now at $20 and Bloodshot also for $20.
Both are up from what I gather much earlier then they were supposed to be.

Bloodshot is based off a very good comic from back in the 90’s.
Stars Vin.

BIRDS OF PREY for $20?

Anyone want to have enough nerve to say it's worth catching at that price?

I am buying SONIC THE HEDGEHOG unseen for that price as I heard it was quite good. I will rarely do this for first-run movies but that one I will.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
BIRDS OF PREY for $20?

Anyone want to have enough nerve to say it's worth catching at that price?

I am buying SONIC THE HEDGEHOG unseen for that price as I heard it was quite good. I will rarely do this for first-run movies but that one I will.
It will be $9.99 soon enough.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My purchases today:
  • Wayne's World/Wayne's World 2 bundle deal on iTunes for $9.99. I only had these titles on DVD
  • Color Out of Space in 4K on iTunes for $9.99. Looks like avant garde Nicholas Cage, so I'm intrigued.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Two movies I watched over the past day...

Winter's Bone was pretty good, overall. Very good recommendation from all of you, thanks.

They Died With Their Boots On was even better, despite the large list of inaccuracies in the story. This was the second film this week I saw that featured Anthony Quinn. I was very pleased to see Hattie McDaniel in this film as well.

I have to say, these films from the 30s and 40s hold up very well today. I really enjoy discovering them and I have quite a few more to get through and will report back.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Two movies I watched over the past day...

Winter's Bone was pretty good, overall. Very good recommendation from all of you, thanks.

They Died With Their Boots On was even better, despite the large list of inaccuracies in the story. This was the second film this week I saw that featured Anthony Quinn. I was very pleased to see Hattie McDaniel in this film as well.

I have to say, these films from the 30s and 40s hold up very well today. I really enjoy discovering them and I have quite a few more to get through and will report back.
Yeah, "They Died with their Boots On" is like most Hollywood movies made back then about actual people and events. About 10 to 20% accurate and the rest Hollywood fiction. Of course, I'm being kind with those percentages.:) Today, such movies aren't as inaccurate, but there is still some dramatic license used in such movies.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Watched Hell To Eternity. Found that to be a mixed bag. It started off really well, then got kind of goofy with a ridiculously long house party and stripper sequence. The action sequences were mediocre. The ending, however, I really liked.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Watched Hell To Eternity. Found that to be a mixed bag. It started off really well, then got kind of goofy with a ridiculously long house party and stripper sequence. The action sequences were mediocre. The ending, however, I really liked.
Well that's disappointing as I love that film since I was a kid. The party scene I always found comical. The action sequences mediocre. Wow! By the way, this is another movie adapted about a real person that saved a lot of lives in Saipan with some dramatic licensing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Gabaldon

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Looks like another handful of movies popped up on today or yesterday including
The Gentlemen $20
The Way Back $20
Dr Doolittle $20
The Grudge $15
Cats $20

The Remake of Force Majeure with Will Ferrel and Julia Lois is up for preorder at $10 Downhill

Also
Call of the Wild is $15

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Fairly large drop of titles today on Cheap Charts.

However, I'll be darned if there is one that really interests me.

I had to laugh that a few of the multi-film bundles dropped from $49.99 to $49.95 and are being touted as a sale price.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Fairly large drop of titles today on Cheap Charts.

However, I'll be darned if there is one that really interests me.

I had to laugh that a few of the multi-film bundles dropped from $49.99 to $49.95 and are being touted as a sale price.

I continue to wait in 007.

I watched war of the worlds last night and it looked spectacular.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks