What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I didn’t see a DC Universe Streaming service topic but it’s sort of a streaming deal.

If you sign up in the next couple of days you get a week free and the first month for only 80¢.

I believe there may be a Code for one year at only $60 but I can’t verufy that one.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The complete series of the original Twilight Zone TV series is on sale at iTunes for $24.99
I only had the first three seasons on BD, so I bit on this and will sell those BDs. Thanks.

Also, the Batman TV Series with Adam West is on sale at iTunes for $29.99. I have the complete series on BD, so I passed on that one.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I got the Batman complete series in December when they had a price drop for $14.99, which ended up being a mistake but they honored the purchase.

That TZ deal is terrific.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
UPHE Rewards just refreshed their titles for this quarter:

Charade (1956)
Jarhead 2
Mallrats
Slap Shot
Vertigo
Pillow Talk

If you don't know what UPHE Rewards is, on select Universal Blu-ray and 4K Blu-ray titles, on the reverse side of the Movies Anywhere insert is a second code that you can redeem at the UPHE Rewards site for a free movie you can then redeem on Movies Anywhere in HD. In the past, most of the movies sucked, consisting of mostly direct-to-video releases. When I saw this quarter's titles, I thought it was a cruel April Fool's joke, considering the majority of classic and cult classic films (the only real dud this quarter is the direct-to-video Jarhead 2). The list usually rotates every 90 days.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Like me because I make such purchases more than others even though I already own it on BD.;)

I don’t think I’ve doubled up like that yet.
Have been concentrating on movies I have only on dvd and new releases that I don’t want to spend $30+ on disc.

Already have the TZ box set so won’t be doubling up on that one.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Prime has the HD transfers ready for viewing if you're a member. I watched three episodes from season one tonight while waiting for other TV programs to begin for the evening.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I don’t think I’ve doubled up like that yet.
Have been concentrating on movies I have only on dvd and new releases that I don’t want to spend $30+ on disc.

Already have the TZ box set so won’t be doubling up on that one.
I only make such purchases for favorite movies of mine in which I can watch again at the drop of a hat. Most of my purchases are like yours, but there are select movies that I like available for me to watch without leaving my bed to get a disc or my sitting position in my main HT. I have 10 book cases of discs that are spread out in four different rooms on two different floors in my house.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I only make such purchases for favorite movies of mine in which I can watch again at the drop of a hat. Most of my purchases are like yours, but there are select movies that I like available for me to watch without leaving my bed to get a disc or my sitting position in my main HT. I have 10 book cases of discs that are spread out in four different rooms on two different floors in my house.
My exact reasoning also.

Convenience.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The pricing for Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (Director's Cut) 4K/HDR just dropped to $9.99 on iTunes.

"The Ghost and the Darkness" HD Digital is now $4.99 on iTunes.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
iTunes has the "Die Hard Collection" in 4K for sale at $19.99 Also, "Chuck" the complete series at $19.99

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I took a chance by buying Hellboy II: The Golden Army for $7.99 on iTunes. I'm hoping that HD stream updates to 4K/Dolby Vision/Atmos in the near future.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
:blink:

8D9E53C6-6644-467E-9CCB-E8FE72D9EB41.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members