What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (3 Viewers)

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Not meaning to step on Tino's reply, but one super easy way to contact Apple for any problem is to just open the "Apple Support" app and you can call them directly or have them call YOU at any time you choose so you don't have to wait on hold...

CEC70857-791B-4112-BDE4-3C3D5FAEAF20.jpeg

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Yeah, but they're in HD and we know every one of those titles will become available in 4K this year or next. With Disney+ about six months away, it's not a good purchasing decision in my opinion.
The majority of them are Phase 2 or higher. The only Phase 1 is "Incredible Hulk." I was hoping the first "Iron Man" was part of the sale as that is the only MCU movie I'm missing in my digital library.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
The majority of them are Phase 2 or higher. The only Phase 1 is "Incredible Hulk." I was hoping the first "Iron Man" was part of the sale as that is the only MCU movie I'm missing in my digital library.
Vudu has Iron Man on sale (along with a bunch of other Marvel movies)

Edit: Looks like its 14.99 though.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
iTunes currently has The Karate Kid 4K available for $7.99.

Just so everyone is aware, the iTunes version does NOT include the Atmos soundtrack that's available with the 4K UHD release. It's DD 5.1. Something to keep in mind when purchasing digital vs. disc. Do your research before pulling the trigger on a seemingly good streaming deal. This kind of thing has bitten me in the derriere a couple of times already.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Just so everyone is aware, the iTunes version does NOT include the Atmos soundtrack that's available with the 4K UHD release. It's DD 5.1. Something to keep in mind when purchasing digital vs. disc. Do your research before pulling the trigger on a seemingly good streaming deal. This kind of thing has bitten me in the derriere a couple of times already.

Although it's worth keeping in mind that iTunes adds Atmos and even 4K to titles you own all the time, so if a movie you are interested in is cheap enough...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Although it's worth keeping in mind that iTunes adds Atmos and even 4K to titles you own all the time, so if a movie you are interested in is cheap enough...
I don’t think that’s happened for many if any Disney movies though.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

There's no guarantee that Atmos will be added to any title that doesn't have it at the time of purchase.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Worth noting is Karate Kid is a MA title so it ported over to vudu in UHD which does include Atmos.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks