What's new

Differance RCA/Component (1 Viewer)

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
Is there any difference between just regualar Audio RCA cables and Componet cables other then the color? If my logic is correct i would believe that the Componet cables should have less capacitance so it can get a higher clarity signal then the RCA.

But i could be wrong, anyone with more information that i would be great.

Oh the pondering i do when not in school :D

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
well i could make just simple audio RCA cables or i could bump it up and make component cables w/ cannare or beldin. i am just curious to the quality of the cables.

if otheres think this needs to be in a nother forum then you can move it.

TimForman

Supporting Actor
You may find more useful info in the Tweaks and Connections Forum than here since most of these guys are into speaker building. I've made several of my own cables and have successfully used the same coax cable for both audio and video connections. Belden and Canare are very popular. I'd recommend running some comparative specs and pricing on Gepco cables. I've found better products at lower prices from Gepco than Belden. Be aware that coax cables will have different diameters depending on the thickness of the jacket and etc. and you should get the appropriate connector and crimp die.

TimForman

Supporting Actor
Thanks Pete. I should've included that statement. Man, work sure interferes with my fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks