What's new

Impedance through RCA using plate amp? (1 Viewer)

flatpick

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
Hi,
I'm rebuilding a 1970's stereo cabinet with modern components, It will be set up as a 2.1 system, I currently have qty (2) Sononance MAG6Rs for my mids and tweeters (8 ohms). I have a receiver that shows 6-16 ohms resistance (Denon AVR-1913) and the subwoofer driver I'm looking at shows 4 ohms (Dayton RSS210HO-4 8"). If I'm building an enclosure with a powered plate amp (rated for 4 ohms, I'm looking at a Dayton SPA250DSP). I'll hook up the receiver to the plate amp with an RCA, in this case does the receiver just act as a pre-amp and the impedance for the plate amp works for the woofer, or do I need to be worried about the difference in impedance burning up my receiver (or at least putting it into protection mode if the volume is turned up too high)?

Thanks!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yes, the receiver will simply be a pre-amp. Or you can use an actual pre-amp. The receiver is not influenced at all by the impedance of the speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks