What's new

Desperate Housewives season 2 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Because he is crazy! I don't think they'll let this storyline end so abruptly. They have to milk a trial.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
12/4/05

Can't believe Bree gave Andrew all the ammo he'd need to get out from under his mom's rule over him.

The subplot of Susan and her dad is DOA.

Lynette's subplot to get daycare at work was kinda inert, even with the hostage scene. Then again, it did bring Penelope Ann Miller to the show, though.

With Paul and Mike practicing Mutually Assured Destruction, waiting for one of them to blink, this show has turned into "Desperate House Hubbies".

Would an early parolee like Carlos even be allowed to go outside the country so soon after being released?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I enjoyed Lynette's mediation from behind the glass, a strange anti-Hannibal Lecter moment.

Bree will probably go to trial but I don't see Andrew totally betraying her, jerk he may be. He has some serious defense mechanisms!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
1/8/06

Hey, it's a new year on Wisteria Lane. Too bad Michael Ironside's character got the short end of a self-inflicted bullet wound. Loved Caleb's denial as he wolfed down a large bowl of ice cream.

Carlos getting his groove on for Lynnette might pay off in some good nervous laughs now that Gabby gave him the green light to get even on the extra-marital dailiances.

Wonder what would have happened between Paul and Mike had Susan not run into the Caddy which produced the DB.

I so wanted the Sentinel to go off on Keith, mainly for being such a manipulative putz.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
My wife, one of the show's biggest fans last year, surprised me last night when she said that she didn't want to watch because she's "just not into it anymore." :eek: This surprising turn at least lessens the potential battle next week when the Jack Bauer Power Hour(s) returns for the 24 premiere in the same time slot.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I find it funny that some people are just now tuning out... if anything, the last 4 or 5 episodes have totally made up for the lackluster first couple episodes this season IMO

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
... at about the same time that Andrew’s antics escalated. Maybe people are grossed out to see teen-aged boys rolling around in the sack and kissing each other? That’s the only thing I can come up with. Overall the scripts and story lines this season have been stronger and more entertaining than most of last season’s second half. Gabrielle and Carlos’s story line has been especially amusing.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

that stuff makes me sick that people would stop watching over that, almost as bad as people who will boycott Brokeback Mountain for "moral reasons" but yet don't mind going to see movies like SAW and Hostel which are really dark, sadistic and evil.

I applaud Marc Cherry, as well as Shawn Pyfrom and Ryan Carnes (both actors are straight that I'm aware of) for having the balls to take it to the next level. I am sick of the double standard that lesbians are okay (even a few people boycotting Brokeback said they'd see it if it was two women) but gay men are not. DH is a big show right now and it's one of the few shows on television with the clout that they can get away with something like this, and I think it's great that Marc Cherry did so.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

I dont think the last few episodes have been anywhere near the quality of the first but last weeks was an improvement.
I think the ratings are still up so I doubt people are turning out because of Andrew. I like the scenes myself.
Yes, it is a double standard with two chicks. What's the difference really?

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Maybe people are grossed out to see teen-aged boys rolling around in the sack and kissing each other?

What kissing?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Andrew was giving Justin one heck of a good night kiss in the front yard that Bree caught sight of near the beginning of the last episode. That definitely caught my attention after the typically network way they handled their first kiss.

Keep up the good work, Marc Cherry! :emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
1/22/06

Danielle is one dumb, but horny teenager, giving up the 411 on Andrew running over Carlo's mama Solis to the Applewhites.

Lynette and Tom will probably have a lot of fights that they bring from the workplace.

Susan's angst with the doc just wasn't working for me.

Gabby getting in a Nun-Slap, and the subsequent brawl was kinda entertaining.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Is Danielle played by the same actress that had always played her? She looked different to me.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm pretty sure it was the same actress. Her face was probably all puffy from crying.

And I'm not sure who wins the VanDeCamp sleazebag child award, her or her brother.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
2/12/06

The pot is a'stirring on Wisteria Lane, but I find myself not caring about the ongoing subplots:

Mike having to setup a meet between Zach and Diedre's dad. What does Felicia get out of it?

The Caleb endgame now that Bree knows it all, more or less. Will Bree's daughter find herself in peril because Caleb is again obsessing over one of Matthew's girlfriends?

Not sure if any of those question will spark my interest any higher.

Gabby getting her own little servant was a bit self-serving, but gotta give them props for the lingerie show.

Tom is an idiot. Nuff said.

Susan's insurance woes subplot is sadly lacking in...in anything.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Nah, he’s just suddenly being written as one. He never would have gotten as far as he did in his last job if he was an idiot. Hollywood loves to write men as idiots. “This is the way men do business” – Yeah, right. Raise you hand if this is the way it is at your company.

And I’ll add to Patrick’s list, Mrs. Applewhite all of a sudden spilling her guts to Bree like she was her long lost friend – ri-i-ight.

The show’s starting to suffer the same malady it did last year: At some point they just started throwing stuff at the wall to see what would stick.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
It will be easy for me to switch to watching The Sopranos in a month. I won't bother to tape this show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks