What's new

Desperate Housewives season 2 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/13/05

Yeah, I was glad to see Marc Cherry listed as the writer for tonight's episode.

Lynette's subplot was played up for good laughs. But I never need to see Larry Miller in boxers ever again.

Gaby had to feel the sting after she went to all that trouble to not appear pregnant, but was sussed out within moments by her former model pals. And then will this meeting with Caleb and her subsequent fall be the reason for a possible miscarriage.

Bree's subplot gave us even more sociopathic behavior by George who dispatched Dr. Goldfein with nary a hint of guilt, but with cold, steely resolve. Bree is going to be in for a nice about of shock once George's past deeds come to light.

The Applewhites finally make that real big impression on Wisteria Lane, whether or not the neighborhood knows it yet.

Susan's subplot was okay, a little predictable, but her daughter's reacton to finding mom and dad together in bed was entertaining. The plumber really is still mad at Susan.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I can't wait until George gets it. What a creep.

According to SNL's Weekend Update the reason Page Kennedy was fired was for exposing himself. I'm thinking the shot of Caleb standing over Gaby used a stand-in since the head and body shape seemed a little more trim than what we've seen of Kennedy.

Overall a good episode and more like the DH of old. Or maybe I'm just getting used to things having changed.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Finally watched this morning. This show is just.. blah. I'm finally giving up on it, and removed it from my record list. I'm struggling to think of a show that went downhill faster. Maybe Twin Peaks.

I thought the Lynnette subplot was more creepy then funny, and didn't really get into it.

George is a lout.

But I guess by the end of the episode, I realized I just really didn't care enough about any of the characters to keep watching.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Better than the shows have been but since Mark Cherry wrote it and he created the show, it makes me think he doesnt know what to do next either.
Good to see Lynette not at work but why the whole story with neighbors and there video tape/sex fetish? Why waste time on people we dont know?
The Gabrielle thing I could see coming from the get go.
Bree, well, I just hate that whole storyline. I just cant belive she is dating. Hopefully they wont be dragging this plotline out all season.
Susan? Ehhh. I'm just tired of her though she was a bit barable this week.
Intersting how the guy who got fired was seen in silhouette all episode.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I have this feeling that Mark Cherry is smarter than the whole Gabrielle-tumbles-down-the-stairs-and-loses-the-baby thing. I think he may be going for something that finally makes Gaby care about the baby, since she asked Bree to get her sonogram picture. I could be wrong and it could turn into another Susan-nutso-in-the-Street thing.

This episode felt like it was back on track to S1 highs. Poor Dr. Goldfine! :emoji_thumbsup:

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Ya think? He oversees the show from week to week and from what we have been seeing this season he hasn't been real original or creative.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/20/05

So Gaby did lose the baby after her tumble from the stairs (you had to wonder what went through her mind as the loosed Caleb Applewhite was captured). Danny Trejo's appearance always gives off a scary vibe, that's his schtick, but to have him give Gaby a mechanism to come to grips with the loss of her baby was somewhat interesting.

Lynnette's subplot ended up funny, with the old lady tasering the hell out of the guy that Lynnette had impersonating a child kidnapper.

Susan's subplot was sad as her mother breaks down and comes clean with Susan's conception, and reveals who her real father is.

Finally Bree sees what kind of psycho George is, even though she turned away a former girlfriend of George's, and pressed enough of George's buttons (not wearing the engagment ring in public) to have him go nutty with jealousy and his sense of betrothed entitlement.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Boy did I ever call that one wrong... and I was really disappointed. They could have mined the new mother angle endlessly for stories. But all I could hear in my head while watching Gaby in this ep is "They didn't want to make such a hot actress wear the pregger suit." It was nice seeing Kathryn Joosten's Mrs. McCluskey again, but the problems on display really outweighed the glimpses of greatness.

Another thing with this ep was again with the Desperate Anthology problem that's given this show it's sophomore slump. The great interconnectedness of the last episode fades away as each housewife pursues their own, slightly wacky, storyline.

P.S. I don't think it's possible for the Susan & Mike storyline to get any more creepier/pathetic... Someone should tell her to get some dignity, ASAP! (Maybe they can find her some while they are looking for Bree's brain, which seems conspicuously absent)

Sebastien S

Second Unit
BIG Dissapointement!!!

When watching the bonus material on the season 1 DVD, I remember them saying that they would reveal who was the real father of Gabrielle's baby was and naturaly I expected her to actually have the baby...

What a cop-out!

I wonder why they changed their minds?

As for not wanting to make "Gaby" look huge... Not all women become large when pregnant. When my mother carried me, she only gained 10 Ibs. No joke! And no, she did not starve herself.

She had almost no water at all, just the weight of the baby (me). It's what is refered to as a "dry" pregnancy. I weighed 5.5 Ibs at birth and my mom carried me a full 9 months.

Anyway, I'm not happy with this developement at all!

This is (up to now), the first time the show has let me down...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/27/05

How did Goldfein survive his dump off the overpass by George?

I was so hoping to see just a little bit of Krazy Kimberly(tm) when Bree takes the elevator up to George's hotel room. So she's just going to let the psycho die, hope she remembered to wipe the door handle clean...

The nun-vs-Gabby is a little creepy, that nun is quite the passive-aggressive-self-righteous-piece-of-work. "I've got God on my side. Bring it on." Heh.

Lynette's subplot for really drastic really fast. Not sure if I like how it unravelled.

Susan's subplot with meeting up with her biological father was almost a blip w/r/t the rest of the subplots.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I enjoyed the episode. Some good LOL moments. The nun is definitely Village of the Damned creepy.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm sure she looks good to the prisoners. Gabby is probably just blinded by jealousy.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
She was in a Nip/tuck episode a few weeks ago. She gets around.
So are we out with one bad boss and in with another? That is already old. Surely they can think of something else to do with Lynette in the workplace.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
If he took vitamins, why did he call for an ambulance just before Bree showed up?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks