What's new

Desperate Housewives season 4 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Who says Kayla is gone for good? I suspect she'll be back next season, but now that she's 15 (they'd need to cast an older teenage actress), she'll be an even bigger hellspawn for Lynette and Tom to deal with, plus their own wayward progeny.

mylan

Screenwriter

I'll take that bet, I believe there is no way Lynette would allow her back into the house after what she pulled and I believe Tom knows it and has had enough as well. We might see Tom visit her at some point, if a story-line dictates but I seriously doubt it. She had become less and less of the story until the last couple of episodes, also Marcia Cross revealed in an interview that Kayla would be long gone among other things. It doesn't say permenantly but we'll see:Marcia Cross shares some ‘Housewives’ dish - More news and other features - MSNBC.com

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
so many TV series are jumping forward and backwards in time, first lost, then BSG, now DH? what's next 24?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

She could be gone, but she's easily written back into the show (the grandparents drop her off and are never to be heard from again!) :D

Plus, if she turns out kinda hot, she can present more challenges for Tom to be the vigilant father warding off her suitors.

I'm ambivalent towards Kayla's possible return 5 years later to Wisteria Lane.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
24 has skipped a few years here and there between "days" already. If they actually jumped backward, that would be something different.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i meant right in the middle of the show ;). u're like in the 23rd hour, and they jump ahead many years on the 24th episode. that would sux =P

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein

Jack would be knocked into a coma at the end of Hour 23. Then, the next episode would pick up YEARS later and Jack would come out of his coma and in his 24th hour he would leap out of his coma bed, tearing a bunch of tubes off his chest/face, kill a suspicious-looking orderly, interrogate the night-nurse, steal an ambulance, burst into the terrorist compound who've been, uh, waiting for all these years for some reason, kill them all, and then disable the nuclear device just seconds before it goes off.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
didn't they sign contracts for the next 4-5 years? if that is so, we'll see 7-8 seasons before this 'soap' ends.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Marc Cherry has stated that he wants to end the show in season 7. Whether that happens is another story.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Well it's still one of the highest rated shows on television, I think it's a pretty sure thing that it'll last until Cherry leaves.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
The ratings have fallen with each passing season though. I imagine this 5 year thing will at least retain most of the viewers at first, but I wonder if this "re-tooling" will eventually cause a drop-off in the longterm.

As I've stated in this thread, something seems to be off with this show since the beginning of this season. I know it's never been anything more than a glorified 'Melrose Place', but I always at least thought the writing was pretty decent. This season most of the writing and story lines seems to have been written by a teenager.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
This year saw in increase in ratings over the previous. With the ratings it has now the show would have to loose 50% of it's viewers before even being considered for cancellation. For a long standing show with a dedicated audience that's just not going to happen over the coarse of one season.

Desperate' is practically guaranteed to run through Season 7, the more likely question is will ABC try and continue the show further than that? Cherry has said that some of the Housewives are leaving with him so I'd imagine that will be it, but you never know.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
After any episode of any given show you can probably find someone who thinks the show has "jumped the shark." I am really tired of hearing that.

Neil

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Yeah, the expression itself "jumped the shark" quite some time ago. It is now routine to see people declaring that a show has "jumped" two or three episodes into the first season. (If you want to laugh your butt off, read some of the posts in the various season threads for Lost, starting with S1. There were lots of people - many of whom are still watching and posting to the current thread who have declared the shark "jumped" repeatedly - often more than once a season. ;))

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks