What's new

Desperate Housewives season 5 (1 Viewer)

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
Who was surprised at Edie's death? I thought Dave would choke her, then she crashed her car because of Orson! I was surprised. Poor Edie.

mylan

Screenwriter
I wasn't suprised as all, it had been all over the media but I was suprised at how. Now, no one will suspect Dave and it will be written off as a drunk driving accident. I am really hating that storyline and wished it had ended last night. Damn you, Orson Hodge! What a waste of a character he has become.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I also thought that she was going to die in a way that would cast a bad light on Dave. Of course, we did see her finger flick at the end, so she might not be completely dead yet and might get a word out before it is through.

What was more surprising is that there are repeats until April 19.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson

My wife was quite pissed off about that. She was already pissed off that nothing really happened until the last two minutes.

BTW, how is Carlos' lieutenant such an old friend and even came over for dinner but never even saw pictures of the kids? And why would the kids just stand there mute as she accused the cleaning lady of being their mother? It was highly implausible.

Speaking of which, how does one go from filching knick-knacks to becoming a cat burglar? That's seriously silly.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I was surprised. I had not kept up with the entertainment shows or sites. They are becoming tiresome short sound bites with sensationalism and promos for studios and actors. Which is what they are about.

All the promos that one would die had me thinking it would have been Katherine for sure.

I had a hint that Nicolette Sheridan was looking to leave. Edie did move her fingers a bit at the end though, there's some hope she'll say something. I thought it might have been ironic had she hit Orson. It would have been poetic justice for Mike. Interesting how Orson's seemingly silly impulse to steal would lead him to this! And will he own up to it?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
You're complaining about THAT as highly implausible? I challenge you to find a single element about this show that IS plausible!

My favorite highly implausible scenario of the season is Dave's deeply convoluted plan to get his revenge. So he purposely meets someone who used to live on the same street as Mike. Somehow manages to not only marry her, but convince her to move back to that neighborhood. Then befriends Mike over a span of a few months and gets him to go camping with him and his new girlfriend so he can take her out with a shotgun while hiking in the woods! Wow. And wasn't it determined earlier in this thread that Mike wasn't even the one driving the car that killed Dave's family?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
:laugh:

I'm not sure who was actually driving, but Mike was the one cleared of charges according to the paper.

BTW, do they even make "Fax paper"? That was not a thermal fax, so I'm talking about paper made specifically for a fax machine. Sure, she could have just run out of paper in general but...

Perhaps it's something that happens in the next five years.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

No, but that doesn't mean that companies won't package plain ol' all purpose paper as "Fax Paper". And that looked like an all-in-one printer/copier/fax, so it is probably the only thing Edie buys paper for - which means that yes, she was out of "everything".

Regards,

Joe

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

Yeah, I started to laugh at how out of touch that was. I was waiting for her to come back with a roll of thermal paper and peel some off to get it started. Guess they couldn't find a fax -that- old. What was funny was that she was writing down the shopping list on an 8x11 piece of paper while her printer sat there (shockingly, in that scene, you could SEE the paper IN the printer tray.. even if it was printed, did she not think to flip it over or whatever ?)

The whole show is insane. Now that Gabby is back to being unhappy, she and Carlos should just join a swingers club and be done with it ;)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I thought last night's DH was well done, a nice send off for Edie. Makes me wonder if she'll come back in the future via more flash backs and voiceovers.

It didn't go as expected, as she was a goner from the outset.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Why would they keep Edie's son in the dark aout her death for 2 days? What's the turnaround time for cremating a body anyway -- 2 days sounds a bit short (I guess it would be less plausible to keep the news from her son for a realistic time).

Oh, and why did Susan need "four words" to come up with "one of a kind"? How about unique? I guess they're just trying to make her a high maintenance pain in the ass. Or stupid.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I thought she was supposed to be a writer. I think 90+% of the audience was thinking "unique" after she said "one of a kind."

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I vote both!

(Wondering why they couldn't kill Susan off instead of Edie...)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
there is a formula to some of these episodes where a char. dies and narrates from above. similar to lovely bones =P or maybe it preceded that.

anyways, wasn't as good as the beau bridges ep or pilot.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I thought the finale was a mix. I'm glad they resolved the story line with Dave as it finally came to a head. Glad to see Mike come to the rescue. And it looks like Mike and Susan may have resolved their relationship too. But clever or copout to hide who he marries!

Since the bride appeared to be wearing white, perhaps it was not Susan or Katherine?

Nice to see Edie incorporated into Dave's hallucinations.

The other storylines were kinda lame, Tom and Lynette seemed kinda silly and then the news she was having twins! I knew it would be something like that.

Carlos and Gabby's situation is kinda silly too.

The only other storyline I thought was on par with Susan's was Bree and Orson's. I knew Karl would make a move on her.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
They had to resolve the Dave storyline similar to resolving the main storyline every season so far.

They kept the bride hidden just to keep the actors and the audience with a little bit of suspense. Plus if something happens to one of them before the season starts they have some maneuverability.

And there was that knowing glace between Susan and Karl during the wedding as well.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
As usual, every minute was brutal...and as usual, I watched every minute. I don't even know where to begin so I'll just leave it at that. Why do I torture myself like this?

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i'm not going to leave it permanently, but i'll stop watching it 'live' from week to week. it does get tiring >P. i'll just wait til the series finishes before catching up on everything on (hopefully by then) Blu-Ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks