What's new

Dell Dimension Upgrade questions - help (1 Viewer)

Jon_W

Stunt Coordinator
I have an 18 month old dell computer and I am looking at getting a CD/RW drive. I've looked at some Candadian stores and thought of getting the yamaha 24/10/40 drive for 105 dollars US. However, I've just been on the dell website and saw a 40/8/40 drive for 112 dollars. Does that seem like a better deal?

Additonally, what is involved in adding a second hard drive to a computer. The same dell site had a 80GB drive for 92 dollars, which seemed like a really good deal. Is a second hard drive easy to install? Thanks.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
Go to support.dell.com (I think that's right, if not, just go to Dell.com and then to support), sign up for the user forum, and go to the Dimension section, there's all kinds of good stuff there, very active and have some real good people that really knows the Dimension.

Eric Gan

Agent
Hey Jon,
$105 US for a 24x writer is way too much money. Take a look around your local computer stores. A 24x writer should run about $79 Canadian.
Also, unless you have a US shipping address, Dell.com does not ship to Canada. I try to buy computer parts locally because it's just a hassle if you get a part DOA. Try Link Removed for a decent Canadian online retailer for computer stuff. If you like the us option, Newegg is a great place to shop. Good luck.
Regards,
Eric

Ray Gutnick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Dell definitely ships to Canada; we've bought numerous desktops, laptops, and spare parts from them. The web site would be dell.ca for the Canadian prices. Don't forget that you have to add shipping to any item on their web site, and you can expect an item to arrive within 2 weeks. However, I have to admit that for a burner I would buy it locally.

Jon_W

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the help. I don't understand how sites like futureshop.ca can sell CDRW drives at 24x speed for 150 bucks, while that NCXI site sells better drives for cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks