What's new

DD just stopped working (1 Viewer)

JamieZ

Stunt Coordinator
The converter is only 16 bucks at parts express. But I was just wondering if there were any better ones out there. I have a old receiver which only has coax and the dvd player only has optical. I bought the dvd player before I had the receiver so I didn't know. It doesn't have 5.1 channel inputs either.

Thanks

jamie

JamieZ

Stunt Coordinator
Ok. I have definetly found out the problem with the converter. Its the coax side which is messed up. Now I just have to jiggle it and if it doesn't move it works fine so I guess i'm all set.

Thanks

jamie

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Jamie

At $16 each, Jay may have a good idea. Rather than spend more money for a better converter (if there is one), you could get 2 of the $16 ones and that should hold you till you are ready to upgrade DVD players.

Seems to me that we are headed towards a Progressive Scan DVD market. Prices have come down and you get a better picture on a HD-TV ready TV with Progressive Scan.

I have already seen a Progressive Scan DVD player for about $100.

If I knew of any better converter I would direct you to it.

Artie

JamieZ

Stunt Coordinator
I don't need 2 converters. The one I have now works but if I touch it i have to jiggle it a tad for it to work so I think i'm all set.

Thanks

Jamie

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Try to duct tape it into position so you won't have to fiddle with it. Use a strong tape and it should be less prone to jiggle in the converter even when the cable is tugged.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks