What's new

Dallas: Complete First Season :) (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I believe Parker is in Collin County. I only saw a few episodes of "Dallas," and it's been a long time, but a search reveals that it was supposed to be located in Braddock County, as you said. I think it's fictional. A search on this website comes up empty on counties and cities alike.

If you select the city search on that page, and search for Parker, and then click on the Collin County map, you can see exactly where Southfork really is. It's not listed on the map, but the roads are all there, including Ranchview. You're probably not that interested in the minute details, but it's there if you want it. :)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Thanks "Lone Star" Greg. :D

Funny, that they'd just invent the name Braddock though, when many (or most) of the other locales in the show are real ones.

I guess they just liked the sound of crusty old jock saying: "Miss Ellie, I'm goin' into Braddock to get a belt of booze! I'll see ya!!" .... rather than "Ellie, I'm goin' into Parker to pick plenty of posies! I'll see ya!!" :laugh:

Sorry.....

*clears throat, sheepishly*

:b

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I beat that game on my Apple ][+ computer! :)

In fact, I just ran and looked...I still have it! Oh, not the PC, of course. But the 5¼" floppy, the tray, instructions, box, and everything. I'd describe it in comic book terms as "fine" condition.

"48K"...wow, that was a big program at the time! :eek:

As for "Braddock, TX": I grew up in Houston, and my family would drive all over the state on get-away day-trip weekends. I swear I recall seeing a "Braddock" somewhere along the way, but I cannot find a map or almanac listing right this second that proves such a town or county exists.

On the one hand, Texas is FULL of tiny towns that have a very small population (under 100 in some cases!). There's probably one named Braddock. On the other hand, it could be that they made up the name of the town for the purpose of the show, and it got out of hand.

Hmm, I just did a Google search. Besides the references to Dallas and Southfork (which the official Southfork site linked about doesn't confirm!), I only find this mention in what looks like and old novel, and a mention that this (odd-seeming) "Reverend" living "in London and in Fort Braddock, Texas". One thinks that those last two references might not have been made up out of whole clothe, though. Who knows?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if they will ever release "Dallas: The Early Years"?

Also, as my wife says..."This puts us one step closer to Knots."

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i've been surprised how cold Dallas can get.
i've been working there at the State Fair every year in late Sept. thru Oct. and last year was the first year that i can recall where we didn't get at least one day of cold drizzly rain .
every yr previous to that though, i remember sitting outside at least a few days and freezing my arse off.
in fact, Dallas is where i usually pick up my new Jackets and hooded sweatshirts, because i keep forgetting to pack for cooler weather.
one yr we had about four weeks of record miserable high temps in the 90s and skirting 100, then the last day we got rain and it dropped into the low 40s.

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
OMG, we're talking about weather, when it's a DVD Forum

what about the tv movie idea I had? Any comments?

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
does any body know what special features will be on the disc ?

I thought that the actual swimming pool at the Range was rather small

:D

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
This will be the first of the big 80s soaps to come to DVD. I hope it does well so that the others will come as well. DVD is the perfect format for these prime-time soaps, giving you instant satisfcation. And count me as another person who wants to see Dynasty come to DVD, though that show doesn't really heat up until Joan Collins joins in either the late first year or second year.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
I never really watched Dallas and it isn't a show that I would have asked for on dvd but now I am thinking if it is priced reasonably then I will get it since there just doesn't seem to be that many shows these days that interest me. It might be fun to go back and watch a show that was really popular at the time.

Louis C

Supporting Actor
As a big fan from its first airing, I would definitely pick up the first four or five seasons. After that it's hit and miss.

They should've have just cancelled the series after Patrick Duffy left (yes I know he came back but by then it was too far gone IMHO)

Oh well season 1 is on my immediate buy list - gimme!

Supporting Actor
Again, what about my cross over idea? What if they actuallly do make a movie like that.. it would be a perfect way to say goodbye to both shows.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Honestly, Chris, if I read in Variety that such an event were being produced, I would scream the word "Gimmick!" at the top of my lungs.

Sorry, but if I'm being honest, that's not something I'd watch or buy.

Supporting Actor
I'd like to see Alexis and J.R. claw each other's eyes out... I'm sorry, but I'd like to see who'd survive... it's like a Freddy vs. Jason thingy for me.

Paul Stanley

Stunt Coordinator
I am totally thrilled! I'll finally be able to pitch my grainy 55+ video collection of every single Dallas episode and replace them with DVD's! Bring it on. Just hope it comes with an awesome booklet episode guide, like MASH's only with some more tidbits. I hope they also incorporate into the special features the infamous Dallas blooper reel bootleg floating around out there!

My expectations are high WB, don't let me down!

:emoji_thumbsup:

Supporting Actor
I know they'd never do it.. the television network is too dumb to understand what appeal it could have.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I'll be getting the first season of "Dallas".

80s freak that I am, this is like a must (or like, a must, totally!;) ).

That "Dallas Quest" game would make an interesting DVD-ROM feature, don't you think?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Too bad Jim "Jock Ewing" Davis isn't around to participate anymore. He died of brain cancer in 1981.:frowning:

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I always wondered how different the show would have been if Mr.Davis (Jock) didn't die after a few seasons?

Also, I forgot that Dale Midkiff played Jock in the "Dallas:The Early Years" mini-series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks