What's new

CSI: Miami - 9/22/03 (Season Premiere) (2 Viewers)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hey, look, Kingpin is in Miami!

For a season opener, it wasn't too bad. I liked how Horatio got to the scumbag brothers protected by diplomatic immunity.

Looks like Emily Proctor has been hitting the weights.

The only character sidestory was between Horatio and Yelena, and even that is on a holding pattern.

DaveMcS

Second Unit
Only caught bits n pieces during Las Vegas commercials but gun Girl (Emily Proctor) looks stunning witht he long blonde tresses!!

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Yess, Emily looks great and is wearing less make up this season (so far). She didn't need all that goo to look good.

Note that she had longer hair last season, down to her...um, say lower back end area....:b Not that I'm complaining mind you.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
She was a little more prim and proper last season, this season, the hair is loose and and free, and more assertive.

Too back the ME (Khandi Alexander) is still talking to the dead bodies though... :)

Al Shing

Stunt Coordinator
This recalls the classic episode of Columbo where the murderer had diplomatic immunity and Columbo couldn't touch him. The crux of the episode was how Columbo was going to get his man.

Emily Proctor is the main reason to watch this show. David Caruso's character is not really likeable, and the other characters still aren't fully developed.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
She spells her name Procter, and she's the only reason I keep watching.

//Ken

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I go by the spelling used in The Dukes of Hazzard: Reunion! :) Actually, I think I first noticed her on The West Wing, where she apparently used "er".

//Ken

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Yeah, the ME talking to the bodies is a bit freaky but is an interesting quirk to that character.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I just watched this show over the weekend and I am a little worried about the attention to detail (or lack thereof) and I hope it is not a sign of things to come.

There are too many things to mention but just in the initial video compared to what they said when analyzing the scene we have the video showing a car hitting a woman who was running and after being hit by a car barely squealing its tires, continues moving and lands just outside the path of the vehicle. There was no backing up or anything of that nature. At the crime scene hours later (and the body is just laying there decaying without even being covered by a sheet). The body is now layog squarely in the path of the car, and we are told that the car backed up and ran her over a second time! This does not match what we have been shown. Then, they talk about the airbag going off at 20 mph. This is utter BS, there is no hard limit above which any impact, no matter how slight, will set the airbag off. The sensors work by judging the decelleration forces applied to the car. Actually, most impacts below 25-30 will not set it off and that is running straight into a hard object. In this case, the car hit a human which would apply nearly zero deceleration force to the 3500 lb car. There is no way the airbag went off in this case.

I know this is petty, but this show is all about the details and they totally blew it in this case. IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks