What's new

CSI extra juicy these days? (1 Viewer)

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
The guy whose head splats the building before he hits the ground ranked up there with the kid last week whose guts were all over the road after he was hit by a car. CSI is really pushing the normally R-rated graphic gore and violence....

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
yeah the gore is getting out of hand..same goes for the past few episodes of CSI Miami..the autopsy room scenes

i honestly think the show would still be just as good if the gore were toned down

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
I've noticed that this season as well. I'm not the squeamish type, so the gore doesn't bother me per se. But the way it's filmed, it's distracting. Maybe it's because we aren't used to seeing such footage on TV, but to me it seems like the producers are going out of their way to say, "Hey, look at what we're getting away with!" It inevitably pulls me out of the action and is a distraction.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I don't mind it. It does remind me of the word "bullshit" used on NYPD. They used it once to see what kind of response they would get. They didn't get any. So know it is used once an episode.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Considering that this is a relatively realistic show, I think that the gore is in line with their subject matter. They are Crime Scene Investigators, not Delicate Flower Investigators. Most crime isn't even this pretty.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
I like the show, but if they don't tone down the gore I for one will stop watching. It is only 'relatively' realistic, and there is no point in wallowing in mangled corpses just for the shock effect, I don't think that is what the show is about. If it is, then I'm not inerested.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
What do you expect from crime scenes, a hangnail? I've been unfortunate enough to pass by where a Jumper had hit and it was a terrible sight, last night's corpse did not even come close.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Glad to see US television is starting to push the envelope by squeezing swear words and gore into primetime television. Now if they would just add a bit of nudity ;)
Brian

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
What do you people want, Quincy??? It's hard for me to believe that people would complain about this and especially threaten to stop watching the show if it isn't toned down. Like Jesse and Jordan said, these are crime scenes. I think CSI is one of the best shows on TV and I hope that they leave the show exactly as it is.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
No-one should care whether or not I watch the show. I just don't want to repeatedly see a mangled corpse, show it once and get on with the show. The show is about investigating crime not about pushing the envelope on showing gore on primetime TV.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
The show is about investigating crime not about pushing the envelope on showing gore on primetime TV.
But a HUGE part of an investigators job is rooting through the after effects of a murder or grisly crime. And this show is all about show how they do it. How would you rather they handle it? Not show it at all and just talk about it? Doesn't really make it very dramatic that way.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
To be honest, I have appreciated what they've been showing. Dealing with things like the bugs, the gore, and the unpleasantness of death is a very good trait of the show. Trying to ID the corpse was all the more valid when I saw how difficult it was to deal with the remains.

I think CSI:Vegas is on a great track, and the best show on television (with ER close behind).

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I could have done without the "face peeling" in the season premiere of CSI:LV, but otherwise it hasn't been a problem for me.

RichardK

Second Unit
i dont mind the gore...pretty cool...are you all watching this in HD? if so then you know it is awesome seeing that stuff in hirez... besides the lead Red Head is awesome!

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
The problems you guys had were with this weeks gore? Geez, what had me cringing were those god awful hang-gliding scenes (where you could see the person and the ground below him, the ground was obviously shot separately cause it looked horrible)
Oh well, gotta take the good with the bad.

JQ

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
I think when he said "red head" he meant the one with red hair. :) Her name is Marg Helgenberger.
I do think they're getting carried away with the gore. You don't have to be ultra realistic, and you don't have to show it in explicit detail. The first two seasons struck a much better balance IMHO. This season most definitely has more gore, and I would say this season has not been as good as the first two were.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
How would you rather they handle it? Not show it at all and just talk about it? Doesn't really make it very dramatic that way.
My point was, I've watched CSI from the very first episode, and the gore factor has gone up considerably this season. There is a noticable change from the way the show used to portray the aftermath of a crime scene. As I said before, the gore doesn't bother me, but the program never seemed to have problems getting its point across before. I'm just curious as to what led to this stylistic change.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
a little OT, but what happened to Marg Helgenberger? I first saw some season 1 CSI and then jumped to season 3 and it was like, :eek: what happened to her face, anyone know?

Rob T

Screenwriter
I would rather they keep it as real as possible.
a body is evidence. Sometimes things have to be gone over a few times before clues are found. It happens.
Some of the methods that they've used to solve cases are not possible at all, but with a show like this keeping it real is the best way to go, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks